Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 02:17 AM
Giant Scale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Customer Service

Instead of a thread that seeks to bash hitec products, I thought I would relate my positive experience. I recently crashed or should I say destroyed one of my giant scale planes. All surfaces were controlled with hitec 5645 digitals. The impact broke several of the metal gears in the servos. After sorting through the rubble 2 of the 8 servo's were locked up. I sent them back to hitec to have them repaired. Since they were damaged in a crash I expected to pay to have them fixed. Well guess what...they repaired the servos for nothing. How can you beat that? I probably own 15 hitec digitals and will continue to be a hitec customer. Any company that unquestionably warranties their products is worth sticking with.
I also want to say thank you to Mike Mayberry for his help in answering my questions over the past year.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:48 AM
easymoney

Giant Scale

First let me clear you something that all posts regarding hitec servo problems on this forum are not bashing, rather you can say known issues and experiences.

I am glad that Hitec replaced the servos as I suppose THAT WAS YOUR OWN CRASH... strange
Old 10-03-2002, 03:34 AM
Giant Scale

Easymoney,
I have a pretty good understanding of the english language but what the heck are you talking about
when you say " I am glad that Hitec replaced the servos as I suppose THAT WAS YOUR OWN CRASH... strange " What do you mean?
Old 10-03-2002, 03:40 AM
Sky-jacker

Yes easymoney please tell us !! I have had nothing but excellent service from Hitec. If you have something to say don't beat around the bush!!
George Frazier
Old 10-03-2002, 03:42 AM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

If you go and click the search button under easymoney's post you will see that at least 2/3rd's of his 25 posts are negative to Hitec products.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:45 AM
Giant Scale

Maybe easy money is implying that the cause of the crash was the servo's. Unfortunately my plane met it's demise because I was having so much fun flying that I ran out of gas! Next time I'll use a timer
Old 10-03-2002, 07:29 AM
WreckRman2
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think that any of the recent posts regarding problems with Hitec digitals are trying to bash or meant to bash Hitec. We're simply trying to find a reason for the failure to not only satisfy ourselves but make others aware of our losses due to failure of Hitec equipment while at the same time hoping that if Hitec realizes there is a problem they can fix it for future use so that others don't suffer a loss of aircraft. No one has ever said that Hitec wouldn't stand behind their products by repairing or replacing the faulty servos but nothing will bring back the aircraft we have lost due to their failures. In my case it was on the 5th flight of a DP Extra 330L when a HS-5625 decided to hold position 90 degrees off center.

In your case I am sure you were ecstatic when Hitec repaired your servos at no cost and if I were you I would be too because that crash was caused on your own behalf, not from a failure in their equipment. I think it's great that they will repair a servo even when it was your fault it was damaged, too bad they won't replace airplanes when their own equipment causes the loss and not someones bad mistake.

I'd give anything to be in your shoes and lost my plane because of my own fault and not something that I had, have no control over...

Best of luck to you and all those who have had great success with Hitec equipment. Unfortunately I'm not one of those persons...
Old 10-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Crashem

If someone has a problem with a product and posts negative feedback it seems to be called vendor bashing...

That's just crazy feedback negative or positive is just the opinion of the poster. Keep this in mind when you read any post. They are all bias.... Thats the nature of opinions. Opinions are not right or wrong they're not even based entirly on fact!!!

IMHO: Comments both positive and negative should be allowed to stay in these threads...

BTW: Never been to a club that didn't have a little vendor bashing - Wait I mean negative feedback happen.

Also never met a modeler without any opinions positive or negative.. Kinda goes with the hobby if you ask me
Old 10-03-2002, 05:04 PM
CyberPilot
My Feedback: (2)

I've only had very good experiences with Hitec particularly with Mike Mayberry. I own 2 Hitec radios and I'm very happy with them. My first is a 5 or 6 year old Focus 4. It still runs flawlessly with the original receiver and servos. I just purchased an Eclipse 7 and when I thought I might be having a problem with it I sent an e-mail to Mike. He responded very quickly and positively. If it was a Hitec problem he was willing to take care of it right away. BTW, he didn't have to, I got it resolved through my LHS.

In any case, I was very impressed by the high level of customer service I received. I think they're doing a great job.

C.P.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:12 PM
Smokin Cap
My Feedback: (49)

I have 4 focus-4 systems and one Eclips 7 system and a 3 channel Hitech system. Been flying with them for a long time and have never had a problem with any equipment. I have been to their office in Poway Ca. a couple of times and they are all real freindly and will go out of their way to help you out in any waythey can.