Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C dual elevator sservos

Old 10-04-2002, 02:59 AM
bonanzadrv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9C dual elevator sservos

I am hoooking up my dual elevators servos with my futaba 9c. I am using a 8 ch reciever. The radio has a function for dual servos CH 2 (master) and CH8 (slave). However my reciever has battery and ch 8 in the same slot. I do not want to have to add a Y harrness. A friend of mine said I could plug the slave servo into CH8 and then plug the Battery into Ch7 (or any unused CH) I did this and it seemes to work. I am just wondering if there is any disadvantage or harm that could be caused by hooking it up like this???
Thanks Bill
Old 10-04-2002, 03:10 AM
Mettler1

Default Me too!

Your friend is correct. I had the same question after I got my 9c. Basicly you can use any open channel to plug in your battery. I have two airplanes set up this way and no problems.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:27 AM
WreckRman2
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use any open channel for your battery and if you have to use a Y then put it on the servo with the least amount of work or load such as the throttle, flaps, retracts, etc. Don't Y it into your ailerons, elevator or rudder.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default Re: Futaba 9C dual elevator sservos

Your friend is correct.
If you have a 7 channel receiver, you can still do the same thing but you will have to mix channel 8 to 7 or any open channel.

Originally posted by bonanzadrv
I am hoooking up my dual elevators servos with my futaba 9c. I am using a 8 ch reciever. The radio has a function for dual servos CH 2 (master) and CH8 (slave). However my reciever has battery and ch 8 in the same slot. I do not want to have to add a Y harrness. A friend of mine said I could plug the slave servo into CH8 and then plug the Battery into Ch7 (or any unused CH) I did this and it seemes to work. I am just wondering if there is any disadvantage or harm that could be caused by hooking it up like this???
Thanks Bill
Old 10-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

If you have opened up any receiver, you'll notice that two of the three rows of pins - power and ground - are tied together with copper trace on the circuit board. This means you can plug your battery lead into any open servo slot. There is nothing special about ch8. The manufacture just figured that ch8 is most likely the last channel that gets used, that's all.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:59 PM
bonanzadrv
My Feedback: (21)

Default Thanks

Thanks for the peace of mind
Bill