Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

TX won't charge

Old 10-04-2002, 11:37 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX won't charge

Last night I went to charge up both of my Tx's, a JR 8103 and a Jr 662, b/c I was going to take a kid flying today. However both of them won't charge, for that matter, both won't even turn on. 5 minutes before I went to put them on charge I had them on to copy all the setting from the 8103 to the 662. When I go to plug them in, the Tx light won't come on the charger, this happened on all 3 of my chargers. The planes are charging fine, but the Tx won't. I go to turn them on just to check the voltage on them, and both my 8103 and 662 will not turn on now. Any ideas on how to fix this and why this might have happened.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 10-04-2002, 12:00 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default 8103 won't charge

Check to see if the fuse in the transmitter is blown. remove the transmitter module I think the fuse can be seen from that location. Or remove the battery Pack and look up. If the fuse is blown (3 amps I think) I always remove the rear cover of the transmitter to replace the fuse. Be careful very easy to bend the fuse holder and cause the new fuse to loose connection.
Check this before you use the transmitter.
Good Luck
Lee
Old 10-04-2002, 06:24 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default TX won't charge

Thanks, it was the fuse, a $3 fix from radio shack.