Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics Radiant .... NEED HELP !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 10:28 AM
JJPs51D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Radiant .... NEED HELP !!

Does anyone out there have some time to help me figure out this radio and how to work it ?? I bought it used and can use one of the three model settings but the other two I cant seem to get to work ! I have no manual as I bought this radio used. If I cant use the whole radio then Ill have to scrap it and Buy a new JR. $$ I would rather buy another plane.

Thanks ..
Old 05-27-2005, 11:32 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics Radiant .... NEED HELP !!

I have a Radiant and don't remember it being a 3 mode radio. I also have 2 RD6000 that are 3 mode radios.

What questions do you have about the modes??? I can look at mine tonite and see if I can change modes and then tell you how it is done.

Dru.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:51 PM
JJPs51D

Then maybe thats my problem.... But lets see , I set the radio to Model #3 and thats what I use to fly and it does fine. If I try to set up either Model #1 or #2 I get the constant beep beep beep beep as if I have a setting wrong...and it wont stop till I switch back to Model #3. ?!?!
Old 05-27-2005, 07:22 PM
CP140

I can't answer your questions...but here's a link to the Airtronics web site where you can order a copy of the manual:
http://www.airtronics.net/Manuals.htm

...or you could try the airtronics user group on Yahoo.
Good luck.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:55 AM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Yes, Go to the Airtronics web site and download a free copy of the manual.... I just sold a radiant and it was a challenge to set up different models without reading the manual... I ship my manual to the new owner... It is a fine radio and if you will follow the instructions exactly you can set it up.... I believe the beeping is waiting for you to enter the final step...
Old 05-28-2005, 10:50 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for the delay. Idid miss read you post. I thought you said 3 MODE's. I now see you were saying 3 model memory's.

To change from one model memory slot to the next, turn on the radio, use the function select bottons( arrow keeys) to hi-lite M-SEL, now press the YES/INC + or NO/DEC - keys to select the model you want. As you press the +/- keys you will see M1, M2 or M3 displayed on the screen. This tells you what model you are programing. It will hold the settings for each model so you can make changes to see if you like different settings for the same model.

I do have a problem with my Radiant, the Lithium battery has died and I can not find a replacement for it. It is not worth sending in to have it done.

Dru.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:06 PM
DougSter

see http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5993428/tm.htm
Old 06-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

Before you can change any of the settings on the computer, you have to be sure the "K-Lock" is set on "OFF" K-lock means key lock.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

If it beeps while you are in model 1 or model 2, it is most likely that those two models were set to be in the heli mode and it is beeping to remind you that you are not in the normal flight mode, but in flight mode 1 or 2 (sometimes called "idle up" 1 or 2, also sometimes called "stunt" 1 or 2.

This is to warn you that the throttle may be set to something other than idle even when the throttle stick is at the low position.

To stop the beeping, flip the switches to get to normal flight mode...(I don't recall which switches).

Change the model TYPE to AC instead of HELI and then reset each channel as desired.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

OOPs, I may have thinking about my Airtronics RD6000 and not my Quasar (before it changed name to Radiant)

in which case the above may not apply[:@]
Old 06-28-2007, 07:37 PM
pecojets

i have a radiant ! and honestly i dont khow what is happening to your radio ; i can swith from one model to other without problem ; i have the manual and it will not help you , cause does not mention this problem anywhere ; i think you should call airtronics for help !

pecojets
Old 06-28-2007, 08:05 PM
pecojets

MAYBE THE MEMORY LITHIUM BACK UP BATTERY IS GONE !!!!!!!!!!