Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9CAP Super - Run amok?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Flying Irishman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CAP Super - Run amok?

Help!

My son and I went to the field this weekend for a wee bit of instruction. This is the first time I've done so using my 9C as the master radio. I set the 9C up using the trainer NORM function and plugged it into a 4 channel Futaba buddy box for my son. Things checked out so up we went. First flight went very well. My son was able to maintain good control throughout the entire flight.

I then landed, refueled, (downed my second cup of Joe) for the morning, and we went up again. This time we had problems and each time I flipped control over to the buddy box the plane was suddenly uncontrolable on the buddy box. I landed the plane thinking we had somehow moved the trims on the buddy box but that was not the case and we soon discovered that the controls on the buddy box had somehow switched to Mode 1 (leprechauns?) while the 9C remained on Mode 2. Surprise!

Apparently the radio did this on it's own because I did not change any settings from the previous flight. No I'm not crazy! I'm sure the buddy box was functioning Mode 2 for the first flight because I flew with it myself to check trims (with the help of another pilot on the 9C) before I handed it over to my son for training.

Did I do something wrong in the set up or are there demons in my 9C?

Old 09-11-2005, 08:48 PM
e-sailpilot86

Default RE: 9CAP Super - Run amok?

Oh, Demons, definately demons!

Did you ever drop the trainer box? What radio was it too?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Don't use the normal setting, use the function setting.
Doing this allows trims and mixes to be transfered to the buddy box.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:45 PM
skimachinedean1

i've seen this happen to a buddy of mine, only the results wer'nt as happy as your, He set his transmitter down too set his epa for his throttle, had it all set up for a flight making dame sure everything was a go, he had alot of good stuff in a sharp katana ofering to sell it to me for 6 1/2 and i was considering, but he wanted one last flight and thats what he got!!!!!! We walked away for a smoke came back for that flight, picked up his 9c started his os160 taxied out and took off and as he left the ground a series of beutifull snap rolls and then realizd the snaps were going the wrong way. oh **** he commeted as he drove the prop thought the tail section, looked down at his trans and noticed it said extra !! how we'll never know so be aware it can happen DEFINATELY DEMONS[sm=crying.gif]