Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Receiver and Jittery Servos

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 10:56 PM
vertigo72480

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Receiver and Jittery Servos

I have a Futaba FP-R127DF that I have four s3003 servos attached to. When I move the elevator and aileron stick the other two servos jitter. The battery is charged, the Rx antenna is uncoiled, and I can't think of what makes my receiver jitter. I have thought of just replacing it because I know a lot of folks won't touch a receiver after it's been repaired. I'm looking for some ideas. Anything helps.

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:29 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Futaba Receiver and Jittery Servos

Almost sounds like something is out of spec on either the TX or thr RX. I've seen what you described happen before. Probably should send in the suspect unit(s) for repair.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:53 PM
vertigo72480

I know the radio is fine. I've got a 6EXA and I had it serviced this Spring. I've also used it on three other models/receivers and don't have any jitter problems.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:00 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the battery wiring and switch. If you can, plug the battery directly into the reciever bypassing the switch and see if the problem continues. A poor switch or to small a gage wiring can cause these symptoms.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:10 AM
vertigo72480

I originally started by just plugging the battery into the receiver. Same difference. I don't usually use a switch until I'm ready to start final testing anyway, but I understand what you're saying.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:36 PM
vertigo72480

I recharged my battery just for grins an giggles and now the jitters are gone. I'm beginning to think that the battery is faulty. I think I might just toss it into the recycle heap at work. I've got a new Hydrimax on the way to replace this one, but I wanted to know if anybody still thinks I should replace the receiver.
Thanks.