Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR's R700 Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 09:17 PM
Uncle Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR's R700 Receiver

If you look over the current rags (magazines), these are put up to be some good RX's.

How about some REAL user input here! How many of you own them and feel they are all that the ads build them up to be?

Uncle Dad
Old 10-09-2002, 10:11 PM
DavidO

Hi Uncle,
Look closely on the label and you'll see made in Malaysia unlike the R600 and others which were made in Japan.
Any difference technically - NO!!
The R700 uses smaller components but is identical in circuitry to the R600 and R549 Rx's. The R700 has a higher gain front end and a newer low profile Murata filter. It, like most of the later Rx's, uses the improved MkII ABC&W circuitry (Dual Gate Mosfet).
Beware of early models, Malasyian tuning wasn't quite spot on - I've had to tweak the Demodulator coil on a couple of them. The later ones are just fine. Range and interference rejection are of the highest order.
Why not post Danny Snyder (Horizon Hobby Techy') on JR's RCUniverse site and see what he says about R700's !!
DavidO
Old 10-11-2002, 11:31 PM
Uncle Dad

Default What's up???

Come on now...in ALL of this user base NO ONE else has used this RX and been happy, etc., with it. How about a bit of feedback here....surely the cat doesn't have your tongue. I'm not asking for miracles, just some REAL experience with this RX.

Uncle Dad
Old 10-11-2002, 11:40 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Default Works great!

I had one in my trainer. Never had a problem with it. It worked flawlessly from the get go. If I was still flying with JR gear I would definately buy another.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:06 PM
Tom02
My Feedback: (3)

I own 4 of them. I use them in both of my racers, I have one in my sport airplane, and I had one in my trainer. I have no complaints, I have never had a problem with one and I hope I never do.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:55 PM
Blackdog
My Feedback: (3)

Default I like them too!

I have one and have had no problems with it. But currently I am having a radio interference problem. I don't think it's related to the receiver though.

Blackdog
Old 10-25-2002, 03:43 PM
vinnie
My Feedback: (1)

Uncle,
Ive been using two 700s since their introduction without so much as a hiccup. And I'm glad you explained what "rags" are. Why didn't you just say "magazines" to begin with since you typed it in anyway.