Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Compatibility issue with Hitec 56KB servos and FMA M5 receiver

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Compatibility issue with Hitec 56KB servos and FMA M5 receiver

Old 06-20-2005, 08:27 PM
jowens1972
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compatibility issue with Hitec 56KB servos and FMA M5 receiver

FMA recently discovered a compatibility issue with the Hitec 55 and 56 servos. The problem is with the timing clock of the receivers processor. FMA Direct is working on a solution to this issue but are unsure of the time frame for fix.

HS-56 HS-56KB HS-55 FMA Direct M5

I do not know if this is an issue with other models of the FMA receiver.

I am using a positive shift Futaba compatible receiver. My transmitter is a Futaba Skysport 6.

I do not know if this also happens with the negative shift JR compatible receiver.

I have had excellent luck with the M5 in another airplane using old Maxx MX30 servos.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:25 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Compatibility issue with Hitec 56KB servos and FMA M5 receiver

There are some other issue with the M5 when using a Futaba 9Z and synth module... like the RX doesn't work at all. When I called FMA, they claimed Futaba did something "non-standard" and Futaba needed to change the design of thier synth module... funny, all my other non-futaba RX's work. Anyway, I have used other FMA products with good sucess, only the M5 gave me trouble.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Rodney

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jowens1972, where did you get this info?. I highly doubt its veracity as there is no connection between the servo output and the so called timing clock (whatever that is as it is a new nontechnical term for a receiver circuit). The receiver decodes and puts out a 1.5 millisecond plus or minus .5 millisecond pulse to the servo . If that pulse is there and there is power on the positive and negative bus, the servo will work regardless of the receiver electronics. I'm afraid someone is pulling your leg.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:30 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: JohnW

There are some other issue with the M5 when using a Futaba 9Z and synth module... like the RX doesn't work at all. When I called FMA, they claimed Futaba did something "non-standard" and Futaba needed to change the design of thier synth module... funny, all my other non-futaba RX's work. Anyway, I have used other FMA products with good sucess, only the M5 gave me trouble.

not just the FMA, the berg rceivers have the same problem. has to do with them using microcontrollers and not liking the weird output of the futaba synth module.

there are a couple of fixes. one is to remove the module, power up the radio and only them plug the module back in. George Steiner has mentioned adding a swithch in the module's power line to accomplish this same trick without constantly unplugging the module. Peter Berg has a mod that simply adds a capacitor somewhere in the radio, apparently it accomplishes the same thing as the other mod.

dave
Old 12-04-2005, 10:39 PM
jowens1972
My Feedback: (17)

This issue has been addressed with the FMA Direct M5v2 receiver. The problem is that the Hitec 56 use a digital amplifier. The v2 does a better job with this. I have the v2 and the servos no longer growl.