Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Edge 540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this work?

I have a good digital multimeter what will do a lot more than I know how. I don't think that it can test my RX battery under load though. This is my plan:
Plug a lead into a spare channel on the RX, remove the white signal wire, and solder on a plug which I can plug my multimeter into. If I turn on my receiver and operate all of the servos at once while the multimeter is plugged into a spare channels's positive and negative leads, will it show what my battery voltage is under flight conditions? (approximately?)

Thanks
Old 07-11-2005, 08:56 PM
ALbert.S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Will this work?

Yes Or go to Radio Shack and purchase a 10 ohm 10 watt resistor and connect it across the meter leads and then plug into charge jack on your aircraft This will put a 1/2 amp load on yyour batteries and should give you a steady load that your meter can read easily. The receiver switch will be in the off position of course. If you want to test the transmitter batteries put a 20 ohm resistor across the leads and plug into charge jack. Thats two 10 ohm resistors in series You will get 2 when you go to Radio Shack because they come 2 to a pack
Old 07-12-2005, 11:25 AM
apteryx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will this work?

Yes