Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Any problems with ELECTRON 6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:09 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any problems with ELECTRON 6?

I fly a few small park flyers and indoor electrics as well as my gas stuff, and am fed-up with the single conversion receivers. I am considering the Electron 6 from HiTec and was wondereing if there are any problems showing up with them. I have had very good luck with a lot of other HiTec receivers.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:20 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Any problems with ELECTRON 6?

I've had it on a Funtana 40 and now it's on my Shockflier. It's a great RX, no problems. In a golf dome over the winter my plane was one of the few that didn't glitch and it was because I was running a dual conversion Electron 6. It's been very reliable.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:38 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 4 of them and they all work great. Haven't had one glitch yet.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:23 AM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

I love 'em! [sm=thumbup.gif]
I have 5 or 6 of them currently, and have had no problems with them at all, except one that died in a pilot induced (dumb thumbs) crash resulting in a cracked circuit board.
Never had a glitch from the receiver - it's always turned out to be other causes, like wire routing or messed up connections.

With all of that being said, I have heard from several different sources that they do not like high temperatures, (although I fly when it's really HOT with no probs)and know of at least one that went tango uniform for no apparent reason. That one may have been the odd-ball in the batch, it was almost brand-new(10 or 15 flights) and never been crashed, new crystal, etc. Went all jittery and crazy, then died totally. Not sure if the guy ever sent it back or not.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:55 PM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

I have a heat related problem with my electron 6. I'm still waiting for a response on what to do in the hitec forum.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:50 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have two and no problems at all!

My favoriate receiver!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:10 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: aeajr

I have two and no problems at all!
Me too.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:00 PM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

You two?

lrb75, What's going on with yours? Got details?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:42 PM
lrb75

When mine gets up somewhere over 100 deg the servos stop responding. Sitting in the sun on a day over 90 does it very quickly. A friend in my club lost an expensive electric F5B plane due to the same problem or at least another heat related problem. On mine the servos just twitch his apparrently goes full over on all the controls. There are several reports of this in the other forums.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:05 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have checked with Hitec Service with regard to purported problems with heat related issues and was informed they were aware of some reports with issue in this regard. Initial testing performed on several Electrons suggests there is a problem when the RX is subjected to heat in excess of 140*F. Several tests with several Electrons RX's validate a problem once the RX sees over 140*F... In an effort to alleviate the problem Hitec Engineers are looking at modifying the RX to increase the rated MAX operating temperature of the RX., which is 140*F...