Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum.....good and bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum.....good and bad

Just wanted to hear from guys that are using the Spread Spektrum system and see what you think. Please post what radio system you use and the RC model along with your thoughts on the system.

In the beginning of Summer I saw one used in a RC boat and the user was having some problems with the failsafe kicking on from time to time. I know there was a recall and the problems and kinks were supposed to be worked out. I am thinking about getting a set for my RC boats but I want to make sure I know the ins and outs before I spend the money.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:11 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum.....good and bad

I was not aware that anyone was using spred spectrum for planes yet.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:38 AM
bentgear

Raydee, look in the car section and you will find some info. I have one that I put in an old JR 756. Three receivers. Love it. No problems. Not having to worry about frequency problems makes it worth much more than the paid price. Have seen a couple of bad units, not lately tho. Have seen a couple of units that were thought to be bad but the guys putting them in could not follow simple instructions on binding the receiver to the transmitter.

Right now I'm using them in 10th nitro stadium truck and nitro monster truck.

Ed M.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the info Ed.........I didn't realize there was a seperate RC radio's section in the car section. I try my best to saty away from that section