Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Eclipse 7 or Futaba 7 ch.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Fast Freddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Eclipse 7 or Futaba 7 ch.

I have yet to take the plunge into computer radios but am ready. I fly mostly sport planes, specifically seaplanes from boats in the middle of lakes! Most of the guys I fly with have Hitec Eclipse 7 with of without Spectra module. I've been trying to decide between the Eclipse 7 and the Futaba 7 ch. (can't remember the model #, has a rotary dial on it). Is there any difference in ease of programming between these radios? Any feedback or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:14 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Eclipse 7 or Futaba 7 ch.

ORIGINAL: Fast Freddy

I have yet to take the plunge into computer radios but am ready. I fly mostly sport planes, specifically seaplanes from boats in the middle of lakes! Most of the guys I fly with have Hitec Eclipse 7 with of without Spectra module. I've been trying to decide between the Eclipse 7 and the Futaba 7 ch. (can't remember the model #, has a rotary dial on it). Is there any difference in ease of programming between these radios? Any feedback or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I feel the Futaba menu systems are easier to use. I have both Hitec and Futaba computer radios and help a lot of new guys with their radios. Hitec menus are a bit cryptic.

The Futaba 7C has more model memories than the eclispse.

However the Eclispe can handle 4 wing servos on separate channels. The 7C can't. Typically used on full house sailplanes or highly aerobatic sport models where you would want the flaps to follow the ailerons during flight, then become flaps for landing.

Eclipse can change channels, 7C can't.

Those are the big chunky differences.

If "everyone" has Eclipse 7 radios, you know you can get help.

Also take a look at the Hitec Optic 6 while you are looking. Less expensive than the Eclispe, but it can take the spectra module. Can't do the 4 servo wing, but it does pretty much everything else you would want.

If channel changing and 4 servo wing is not an issue, get the Futaba 7C.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:15 AM
pbunn
My Feedback: (1)

I am trying to change channel 6 to channel 5 on the Hi Tec and am having trouble finding it in the manual - can you point me in the right direction - I am trying to use flapperons with a micro 555.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:36 PM
aeajr

ORIGINAL: pbunn

I am trying to change channel 6 to channel 5 on the Hi Tec and am having trouble finding it in the manual - can you point me in the right direction - I am trying to use flapperons with a micro 555.
Bottom of page 22
Old 09-14-2005, 08:44 AM
pbunn
My Feedback: (1)

Not exactly - It tells how to mix channels but it must be activated with a switch - that is different from changing channels -
Old 09-14-2005, 12:07 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

Either the Eclipse 7 or the Optic 6 will be a good choice given what is popular at your site and stated intention of use
Old 09-14-2005, 12:30 PM
aeajr

I am sorry. Page 12 - Setting up an electric airpalne on 5CH receiver. Shows ailerons in ch 1 an 5.

Edit:

WOOPS! SORRY - WRONG RADIO.

I WAS LOOKING IN THE OPTIC 6 MANUAL. []

I don't believe the Eclispe 7 can do this.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:43 PM
aeajr

ORIGINAL: pbunn

Are you trying to program a power plane or a glider?

Looking at the Eclipse 7 manual on page 8 it shows that the aileron servos normally reside in channels 1 and 5 for a glider so that flaperon can be initatied on a 5 channel receiver. If I read it right, in this config, throttle is on the stick or a switch. On the switch you have on/off - climb then glide. Not sure how that impacts trying to set up a power plane.

If you are trying to set up a power plane, it looks like normal set-up is on channels 1 and 6 for the ailerons so you need at least a 6 servo receiver for flaperons.

Even if you are setting up a power plane, you might try the glider profile. Might work for you.

Hope that was of some help.