Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba r138 and r148

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 11:19 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba r138 and r148

what is the major difference between the futaba r138 and the r148 recievers ? why are the r138 Pcm recievers the same price as a r148 Fm reciever ? and I think I might have seen somewhere People having trouble with these recievers. What kind of problems is there to look out for or are these reliable recievers? sorry for the tons of questions. Just looking intos some of these and don't want to have a headache with them.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:59 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: futaba r138 and r148

NO one has any thought on these two recievers ?
Old 09-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I figured someone else would answer but I guess I will
There are 3 difference that I know of between the R138DP and R148DP Futaba receivers.
1) Size. The R138 is larger
2) Components. The R148 uses smaller more expensive components in their design.
3) Regulation. The R148 has two internal regulators for providing power to the circuits and the R138 uses only one.

Their may be more differences but I don't know what they are. I have used both and have logged more flights on the R138 than the R148. Both are good solid performers.

ORIGINAL: rccrazedman

NO one has any thought on these two recievers ?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Krysta

Hi rccrazedman,

Please check out our website at (futaba-rc.com) and click on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-receivers.html#q785

Please drop by and take a look!

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician

ORIGINAL: rccrazedman

what is the major difference between the futaba r138 and the r148 recievers ? why are the r138 Pcm recievers the same price as a r148 Fm reciever ? and I think I might have seen somewhere People having trouble with these recievers. What kind of problems is there to look out for or are these reliable recievers? sorry for the tons of questions. Just looking intos some of these and don't want to have a headache with them.