Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Receiver that comes with Mig-27 target drones, is it usable?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver that comes with Mig-27 target drones, is it usable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 06:34 PM
SRA Foam Flyer
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver that comes with Mig-27 target drones, is it usable?

I got a box of the target drones, it came with a set of servos and a Rx that is switchable between 4 crystals. I was finally able to read the crystals, looks like the first 2 digits are the MHz range and the other 3digits are the channels. I was looking on the spectrum chart and they seem to have the same designation as 72MHz frequency. I didn't see any restriction as to whether or not they are owned by the military.
Here they are:
25R450
26R534
38R530
41R030
In many cases, the R on a electronic component is a decimal point.
They look like Tyco Toy R/C ranges. Does anyone know if these are AM or FM Rx's, has anyone ever soldered in 4 new 72 MHz crystals. That would be pretty neat at a busy flying field to be able to select an unused channel on the Rx and then select the same on your Computer Radio.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:15 PM
thomasb

Toy R/C models are on 27Mhz and 49Mhz. If your drones are truly on 25, 26, 38, and 41 Mhz, then their use in model telecontrol would be prohibited in the USA.

Where/how did you obtain the drones? Are these the little electric models with the camera and telemetry (ie, Navy Dragon Eye)?

Lastly, can you post a photo of one? I would love to see what you have!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:38 PM
SRA Foam Flyer
My Feedback: (11)

They are about 68 inch wing span Russian Mig 27, they were made by Carl Goldberg. They are all foam and come in a pick-up bed size box of 3 and included 1 Rx, 3 servos, RX batt, props, 3 fuel tanks, wingbolts, and an engine, mine looks to be a .91. They could be put together real quik with 5 min epoxy and are layed out so once equipment is installed they are balanced and ready for the GI's to fly while the others would try to shoot them down.
Run a search in the used aircraft section, Seneca and Chicago bill have some left still and are selling them individually or by the box.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:53 PM
thomasb

Thanks for the info. They are not what I was hoping they would be, but still VERY interesting.