Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Has anyone had problems with HS5645MG

Old 09-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Fearless Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone had problems with HS5645MG

Just last week I had a HS5645MG go out when flying my new Katana S 50cc. It ended up in total disaster[:@][&o]. I was just wondering if anyone had problems with the servos too.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:33 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Has anyone had problems with HS5645MG

What does "go out" mean? What was the failure mode and how did you validate the servo was the culprit for the demise of your model?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Fearless Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

The one servo just stuck up full deflection and rolled the plane into the ground[&o]. when I got to the seen of the crash the one elevator was still sticking up when the other one was neutral. I kept on testing it, plugging it into the reciever,no results. I let it sit for about 2 days and tried it again this time it worked. Don't know how don't know why.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What goes up must come down"

C.J.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:27 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

I would suggest you send the servos to Hitec Service for a look see. What is the age of the servos are they relatively new?

Your full deflection lock is generally indicative of the gear-train sticking maybe the gear pin axle was damaged or possibly the servo motor failed. It’s hard to dingoes online. We have had reports of purported failures in the past with momentary full deflection, usually we find the power distribution system was at fault due to excessive current draw leading voltage degradation, linkage binding and simply inadequate power available under loads are generally the culprit in these scenario. It’s important to use HD quality wiring components with gold plated connectors too.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:57 AM
checkmate225
My Feedback: (12)

Hey Fearless - I too have a Katana 50cc as well as HS-5645MG's in the elevators and the ailerons. Luckily. mine is still intact. I thought these servos were very good (digital, lots of torque, programmable, etc...), but now I'm not so sure. I was flying it the other day and I noticed that the right elevator was not going back to the exact neutral position, hence loops and hovers were off. So, I brought it down and noticed the right elevator surface was way out. So I "subtrimmed" it alot to get it back. Still scratching my head as to what happened...Not too happy with these servos - time to mortgage the crib and get HS-7955TG's - LOL!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:56 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: checkmate225 Hey Fearless - I too have a Katana 50cc as well as HS-5645MG's in the elevators and the ailerons. Luckily. mine is still intact. I thought these servos were very good (digital, lots of torque, programmable, etc...), but now I'm not so sure. I was flying it the other day and I noticed that the right elevator was not going back to the exact neutral position, hence loops and hovers were off. So, I brought it down and noticed the right elevator surface was way out. So I "subtrimmed" it alot to get it back. Still scratching my head as to what happened...Not too happy with these servos - time to mortgage the crib and get HS-7955TG's - LOL!!!!
A six year old thread..... are your servos also 6 years old ?
If so, being metal gears, have the gears been periodicallyrotated and re-lubed so as to negate the high wear factor?
<dt>Servo - FAQ : Metal Gear Servos - DIY Repair & Extend MG Servo Gear Life
Digital Servo - Why They Burnout </dt><dt>
See also sub Section "Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - causes and cures " under
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links</dt>

Alan T.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:48 AM
CedricD67
Banned

you need to face whatever happen once you fly a RC Heli~   If there is something wrong with servo ,then purchase a new one .

www.oomodel.com→categories→servo ,just make a choice.

by the way ,I like these sentence:⊙▁⊙   "What goes up must come down"☉⋌☉Don''t stop flying in fear of crashing!

[email protected], contact me= a good price 
Old 09-15-2011, 01:56 AM
geneh-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been flying the 5645's in a jet for 6 years now and have never had one problem! They did have some problems that required you to put them on the programmer to fix them a few years ago.