Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

PC Joystick-To-R/C Trx Integration

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:13 PM
wcbushog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC Joystick-To-R/C Trx Integration

I'd like to start of with a great thank you to the people that have provided this forum for discussion and to the individual companies that help us not so technically advanced people out.

Now I've messed with r/c planes for 15+ yrs. but have allways bought planes that were too hot for a beginner and quietly picked them out of the ground every few years when I'd get the itch to try again. I flew just fine in the air with plenty of space between me and the ground, I'll not get into the crashes.

Let's get to my request: I will be purchasing a Sig Kadet Senior, with a mild engine,and later I'd like to put in an onboard mini-cam,gps overlay with a pair of video-glasses.

Earlier in my quest for perfection in flight, I found that my fathers shakes had found its way to my own finger tips. It wasn't really anything that got in between my pursuit to fly and my ability to control the planes I flew until now! I have a lung disease now and some of the meds or the disease itself has made the shakes worse. I have the pc game Micro. FS2004 which uses a joystick. Being able to rest my grip to the joysticks pad almost eliminates the shakeness.

Is there a way that I can get a joystick inegrated into a fine futaba radio and if so can it be bought from the factory? If not could I get a list of the parts and procedures that would make this possible?

I will check back here periodically for your reply or you can send it to my e-mail @ [email protected]
Thanks again Wes C.[sm=confused.gif]
Old 10-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Krysta

Default RE: PC Joystick-To-R/C Trx Integration

Hi Wes,

While we here at Futaba cannot help you out with this, I am sure there are many fine modelers in the General Radio Forum who may have some hints or links that they can point you to that would help you in your quest.

If anyone out there knows of a place that Wes can find the help he is searching for, please let us know!

Thanks, Krysta

ORIGINAL: wcbushog

I'd like to start of with a great thank you to the people that have provided this forum for discussion and to the individual companies that help us not so technically advanced people out.

Now I've messed with r/c planes for 15+ yrs. but have allways bought planes that were too hot for a beginner and quietly picked them out of the ground every few years when I'd get the itch to try again. I flew just fine in the air with plenty of space between me and the ground, I'll not get into the crashes.

Let's get to my request: I will be purchasing a Sig Kadet Senior, with a mild engine,and later I'd like to put in an onboard mini-cam,gps overlay with a pair of video-glasses.

Earlier in my quest for perfection in flight, I found that my fathers shakes had found its way to my own finger tips. It wasn't really anything that got in between my pursuit to fly and my ability to control the planes I flew until now! I have a lung disease now and some of the meds or the disease itself has made the shakes worse. I have the pc game Micro. FS2004 which uses a joystick. Being able to rest my grip to the joysticks pad almost eliminates the shakeness.

Is there a way that I can get a joystick inegrated into a fine futaba radio and if so can it be bought from the factory? If not could I get a list of the parts and procedures that would make this possible?

I will check back here periodically for your reply or you can send it to my e-mail @ [email protected]
Thanks again Wes C.[sm=confused.gif]
Old 10-19-2005, 03:04 PM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Krysta. would you mind posting a link to the General Radio forum, please. I remember that we used to have one but for the life of me, I can't find it in "All" or "My Forums" and I know I've seen it before. Is it gone?!?!?!

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Krysta

Sure, I will be more than happy to.
Take care, Krysta

ORIGINAL: WilsonFlyer

Hey Krysta. would you mind posting a link to the General Radio forum, please. I remember that we used to have one but for the life of me, I can't find it in "All" or "My Forums" and I know I've seen it before. Is it gone?!?!?!

Thanks!