Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Eyecam opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 10:45 AM
fejetmech
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eyecam opinions wanted

anyone buy this yet and how well do you think it works,
Old 11-04-2002, 05:58 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/reviews.ph...ew&reviewid=47

I am thinking of trying this one. Looks pretty cool.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:29 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default G-202

Hey Flyboy: Is that your G-202 and what kit is it? Thanks John
Old 11-09-2002, 01:41 AM
bowanarrow

I believe you are talking about a video link to the ground. I cannot comment on this, BUT, if anyone out there is thinking of taking still photos via a digital camera, I advise caution. I flew a Canon S-100 in a Lazy Bee for probably more than 2 dozen flights. Although the photos I recovered were spectacular, I believe, although packed in foam, vibration eventually killed the camera. It cost me 150 bucks to get it operational again. Don't do it .........
Old 11-09-2002, 04:07 AM
FLYBOY

It is a Midwest kit, with a Saito 180 for power. Flies pretty good.
Built it nice and light. Engine ads most of the weight.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:53 AM
cddude

Default Draganfly EyeCam

I was actually wondering the same thing. I purchased one of the EyeCam's, but I havent got it yet. I talked to the owner of the company and he says it works really well...of course he owns the company. He says that the range is good...2000 feet + in the air and there will be an upgrade soon that will give it even more range.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:11 PM
fejetmech

I have bneen been waiting for a reply like this. I was wondering about range myself and was about to buy one ,but there are so many options,please let me know when you get yours and how it works. I am addying you to my buddy list so I dont forget ya. Good luck with your cam
Old 11-10-2002, 12:57 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fejetmech, take a look at http://www.blackwidowav.com for high quality video cam systems. You'll be impressed with the sample videos..............
Old 11-11-2002, 03:08 AM
thriller
My Feedback: (28)

Default video

I am interested in getting into playing with some of this video stuff on my heli and was wondering what inexpensive systems are out there and the pro's and cons of each. let me know what you use and whats good or bad. thanks
Old 11-12-2002, 07:23 PM
EkRr
My Feedback: (51)

Hi

I did the review of the Eyecam listed above. Personally, I think the camera works excellent. It runs of a 9v battery and weighs practically nothing. I attached it to the planes with a couple 1/2" strips of duct tape. That was it. The video clips I put on the review do not do it justice. The quality when I played it back from my digital camcorder was better than VHS. I was amazed at how well that little camera worked. I am working on a swivel mount for it so I can move its view in flight.

Erick
Old 11-12-2002, 10:01 PM
cddude

That is good news. Will you give out the secrete to how you made the swivel mount?
Old 11-12-2002, 11:40 PM
FLYBOY

Erick, have you looked at the blackwidow camera? Was just wondering which you think is better. I was thinking of not only putting it on a model, but also under my full scale Cessna 320 to do some shots. WE do some, but has to be throught the glass and it is not good. This would allow us to have vidio outside, and transmit to the inside. Only thing we have to worry about is keeping the thing in place at 200 Knots getting to and from places, but that shouldn't be hard. I can have a cover on it in flight and remove it through the camera hole in the bottom of the plane or make a telescoping mount for it that drops it when I want it down. Any input on the two would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:00 AM
thriller
My Feedback: (28)

Default cam

I would also like to know if you have to have a digital camcorder in order to use the output on the rec into the camcorder. I tried to hook up my canon es8100 (hi 8) from the vcr outputs into the rca's on the camera but it didn't work?? the only picture was the one the camcorder was taking at the time. thanks for your input
Old 11-14-2002, 12:16 AM
wingspan99
My Feedback: (2)

Default Canon HI-8 line input

I can't speak for the Canon ES8100 but I have a Canon ES 2500 that I use as a recorder regularly. I have to press the menu button, scroll down to the bottom, select "Line Input" and select "On". This will allow you to use the RCA jacks with another camera.
-Tom
Old 11-14-2002, 01:19 AM
fejetmech

wingspan, what camera setup do you use ?
Old 11-14-2002, 01:48 PM
wingspan99
My Feedback: (2)

Default Camera setup for aerial video

I should add that on the Canon ES2500 I have, I only see the "Line-In" option when I set the camera to VCR mode.
As far as camera setups, I have been using a Supercircuits MVL-10 with modified antenna both at the RX and TX but the range is not sufficient to fly a fast aerobatic plane. It probably would be ok on a slower trainer or park flyer. I have a Superciruits camera, the 59XC, now discontinued. It's only a CMOS camera and it's getting replaced with a CCD camera, the 169XS. I'm not real sure it's even a CCD though, it might go back to Supercircuits. The stuff that BlackWidowAV.com sells looks great, and at a decent price. I'm going to buy a 100mw system from him. The receiver comes with dual video outputs, crucial to running a TV/visor and a recorder simultaneously. Whatever you do, DON'T buy an X-10! They're overpriced for what you get, even at the low prices they are sold at.
I can tell you that I am getting to aerial video WHOLE HOG. It has added a new dimension to my flying. The RPV concept is fascinating and now just about ANYBODY can do it with off-the-shelf parts.
If you want to see what I've gotten so far check out
http://www.hoverbatics.com/VideoPlane.htm .
With the BlackWidowAV system I expect to rid myself of all the interference seen on the videos, the CCD camera should make the color and clarity better since it has 460 lines, and I'm going to record it all and compress it to MPEG using a new Sony TRV840 digital camera, which will record the 460 lines, even up to 520 lines if I could find a camera with that many lines. The next step is to connect a TV to fly it from, then a visor later on when the prices come down on them.
-Tom