Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

another newbie question

Old 11-08-2005, 09:20 PM
bil2
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another newbie question

Does a split servo wire or dual servo wire allow one to direct 2 servos off one receiver? Like for ailerons with 2 servos, instead of 1 servo with 2 pushrods. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:24 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: another newbie question

yes, you are exactly correct. sometimes called a "Y" cable.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:36 AM
bil2

And thanks again. I have a plane with the single servo operating the ailerons, but wasn't sure what I need to build a kit, if ever I get up the nerve.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:50 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

If you have a computer radio, there is an alternative to the y-cable. Computer radios have the ability to slave one channel to another. Using this technology you could plug one servo into the aileron channel and another into channel 6 (or another available channel). You would then go into the transmitter setup and define channel 6 to be slaved to the aileron channel. Once this is done, the transmitter sends the appropriate signal to both the aileron channel and channel 6 when you move the aileron control.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:32 PM
bil2

Oh, Lordie! I'm just getting my feet wet - I've got a Futaba Conquest I bought used (ch. 32) and the tx's that came with a couple of cheapo RTFs. Computer radio is far in the future for me, I'm afraid. Besides, for a few bucks less I can just buy a Y harness! Thanks, tho, I'm always eager to learn (the hazard of being an ex-teacher, among things). Bil