Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

rx suggestions?

Old 11-26-2005, 08:32 PM
bil2
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rx suggestions?

I'm looking for a rx for a 3-D foamie, so it needs to be small. Is there any one better than others for 3-D flying or are they all about the same, just go by size, weight? Thanks, Bil
Old 11-26-2005, 08:43 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: rx suggestions?

I like the FMA m5
Old 12-01-2005, 07:01 PM
AirmanBob
My Feedback: (14)

Go to www. polkshobby.com and get yourself a SEEKER 6 receiver. It's very small, light weight, dual conversion and....you can use it with any transmitter...no crystal needed. I've been flying with one for the last year and its great. Never a problem. $60.00 bucks. You'll love it.

Bob
Old 12-02-2005, 03:22 AM
stek79

Hello Bil,
you may consider Hitec Electron 6 also. It is not the smallest, but it weighs only 17 gr. and is dual conversion. I have been using it from several months ago without a problem.

IMO, this is ideal if you want to fly outdoor without worrying of range and interference! Furthermore, it has six channels.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:57 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were using Hitecs Micro 05S in most of our foamies, small footprint, end-block connectoins, lightwieght, channel 1-4 and 6 and its auto shift ability allows any TX to operate it.

The HFS-04MG and the Electron 6 are also viable considerations with some small weight penalties.

http://hitecrcd.com/Receivers/HFS05Ms.htm
Old 12-02-2005, 03:49 PM
bil2

NOW you tell me, after I already bought a GWS Naro RN6II, 6 ch. Well, I hope I'll be happy with it...On the other hand, how would I know the difference? AHHH, ignorance is truly bliss...and I revel in mine...Bil
Old 12-02-2005, 07:28 PM
mglavin

bil2

The GWS Rx's work well for close in stuff, like 400-500 feet or so and don't work well in a crowd of models in my experience... Be careful with getting to far out.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:20 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mglavin

bil2

The GWS Rx's work well for close in stuff, like 400-500 feet or so and don't work well in a crowd of models in my experience... Be careful with getting to far out.
Good advice. Found out the hard way that the HiTec Feather is like that as well.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:28 PM
mglavin

ORIGINAL: TLH101

ORIGINAL: mglavin

bil2

Good advice. Found out the hard way that the HiTec Feather is like that as well.

Yeap, the Feather was/is a park model RX too... Hitec no longer offers the Feather. The Hitec Micro 05S is all that comparatively and good for about a mile range.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:24 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

I hated my Feather.

I wish Bergs were being made right now... they ROCK! I have 2 4ch microstamps and 1 6ch. I can't wait 'till the 7ch comes out.

With the the Berg RXs I could turn on a second radio, same brand, same channel, whilst flying my plane and the RX just completely ignores the second TX. It samples your TX in the first second after startup and will not listen to anything else. Awesome.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:09 PM
mglavin

ORIGINAL: sillyness

With the the Berg RXs I could turn on a second radio, same brand, same channel, whilst flying my plane and the RX just completely ignores the second TX. It samples your TX in the first second after startup and will not listen to anything else. Awesome.
Me thinks the above statement is a little bit of stretch of the ability of the Berg RX's I too have several Berg RX's. Bergs have intelligent signal recognition (DSR) or some similar nomenclature, they ATTEMPT to differentiate the origin of the signal however they are unable to distinguish without doubt which signal to listen to. When in fact the RX is confused a control frame is generated from previous known good frames and substituted while the interference is in play. Essentially the RX is in cruise control or whatever the replicated frame previously used for a reference is passed to the servos until such time a good signal is interpreted or the substituted frames time out and failsafe is initiated.

Variables such as modulation shift (negative or positive) are hands down ignored while other variables like the number of channel signals sent along the FM carrier peculiar to the specific TX in play and the channel capacity of same together with the time and pulse signature of the specific TX in play is all used to gather data for recognizing the TX initially recognized at power up. Problem is any like TX is capable of generating the same channel time and pulse signatures. So while it’s all good it’s not an absolute and stuff still happens. That said these RX's are superior to other standard PPM RX's and very close in signal to noise rejection to PCM RX’s if not on an equal plane.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:07 PM
bil2

Good lord, Mike, I only understood about every third word there...the 'and', 'the', 'to', 'time', and like that. I just want to use this rx in a 35" wingspan, 20 oz plane, that I prolly couldn't SEE at 400 ft. Age, you know....[8D]Bil