Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Eclipse 7 Vs Sanwa RD8000 (Heli)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 05:22 PM
jasonpb2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Eclipse 7 Vs Sanwa RD8000 (Heli)

Hi, new to these forums and I have just purchased my first heli (well three of them) and I have the choice out of a Hitec Eclipse 7 or a Sanwa RD8000, looking at the specs on these forums it seems the Sanwa has more functionality plus an extra channel but it could be a pain to program (I don't know) so what one would everyone tend to go with any info would be much appreciated

cheers
Jason
Old 11-27-2005, 09:45 PM
CP140

Default RE: Hitec Eclipse 7 Vs Sanwa RD8000 (Heli)

I have an RD6000. It is very easy to program, but I don't fly helis so my opinion here will count for even less than it normally does! I have looked at the Eclipse and to me at least, it doesn't seem quite as intuitive when it comes to the programmming. I'm sure part of that is just not being used to which buttons to push and when.

I'd suggest having a look at the the manuals for each of the two. You can download a PDF version of the manuals from the manufacturer's websites.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:05 AM
SwampFlier-RCU

The programming of the RD8000 is better than teh Eclipse (I have an RD6000); i don't fly helis.
One advantage of the RD8000 is that the ratchet in the left gimbal is very soft compared to the eclipse so it is better for the continuous input a heli needs, also there are a couple of switches (one os hov and the other i dont remember) in teh rd8000 that are specific for helis and not present in the Eclipse
Old 11-28-2005, 01:58 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

The Eclipse ratchet can be changed for smooth control for the heli's; it's included with the system.

There are no missing features or switches in heli mode; everything you will need is there.

Mike.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:28 PM
darryl123
My Feedback: (8)

i would go with the hitec i have 2 eclipse tx one for airplanes and one with the rachet removed for heli and have no problems programing is very easy. plus the spectra module is great for changing channels when you need to. also the ability to select pos and neg shift is handy. i also have the futaba 14mzap and my hitecs get used more
Old 12-01-2005, 05:18 AM
jasonpb2

Thanks for the info ended up going with the RD8000 after doing a little more research on these forums.

cheers
Jason