Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

throttle servo location on gas A/C

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 02:24 PM
oakley
My Feedback: (71)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default throttle servo location on gas A/C

I'm outfitting a H9 Extra 330L and have seen on ZDZ's photo gallery several installations with the throttle servo mounted on the engine box. I was under the impression that all radio gear must be moved at least 12inches from the engine ignition. Is it OK to mount the throttle servo so close to the ignition source?
Old 01-16-2002, 03:24 PM
Chris 540
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you see people doing that, they are running the servo off the ignition pack and have a fiber optic extension going back to the receiver. At least this is how I understand it.

chris
Old 01-17-2002, 07:32 PM
barryb-RCU

Default Yup, use fiber

You've got to use fiber optic to put the servo up front. If your engine pulls to activate the throttle, consider doing this -- use a piece of thread or kevlar thread. Tie one end to your servo located rearward and the other to your throttle arm. Leave the spring on the carburator. I do this with all the engines that pull to activate the throttle and have incredible resolution.

For the others, I use fiber optic. You can buy a system from www.aerografix.com. I chose to build my own. If you're handy building electronic components, you might find just enough to get you going here :
http://www.boesusa.com/~bab/fiberopt...ver/index.html
Old 01-19-2002, 04:28 AM
James Goss

Believe me you don't want to put the throttle servo up front if you are powering it from the flight pack battery. It may work ok if you are powering it from the ignition battery, I have not tried that. But doing that would require that you electrically isolate the ignition battery from the flight pack. If you have any conductors going from the engine box back to the receiver you can expect a lot of glitches with a ZDZ engine and electronic ignition. James Goss