Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Blue Bird Servo's

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 07:29 PM
ob1c
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Bird Servo's

I bought some of the new Blue bird servo's and wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with theres if so let them know. http://www.balsapr.com/ I know we have all turned off the radio before turning off the plane and the better servo's like hitec futaba aitronics jr just to name a few don't do what these do. These will distroy your plane they go from one stop to the other as fast as they can and if you don't turn your radio back on some thing is going to be broken.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:01 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blue Bird Servo's

Which BLuebirds are these? What kind of plane are you talking about (parkflyers or larger nitro planes??)
Old 12-01-2005, 08:13 PM
ob1c
My Feedback: (3)

They are the 620 MG High Torq I was going to us them in a new Hanger 9 extra 260 45cc gas engine I never started the engine and the servo's where going nuts we are using a new Hitec reciever we tried a JR770 and they all did the same thing I thought that a 5 cell pack was too much but we tried a 4.8 pack and no change we even bought a new switch
Old 12-02-2005, 03:36 AM
stek79

Hello ob1c,

there are NOT smart servos! Your problem is the receiver. The servo just does what the receiver tell it to do and stop. The good receivers, when radio signal is missing, keep the servo still. The cheapest receivers keep sending servo signals even if radio signal is off, so only radio noise goes to the servos and you get what you describe!

I have an Hitec Electron 6, which I recommend, a micro receiver that is dual conversion: it acts like a PCM one, I can turn it on before the radio TX or shut it off after the radio TX and all the servos (throttle regulator included!) are still like stone!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:38 AM
stek79

I forgot one thing.

I think blue bird servos are GOOD, since... do you know who uses them? I've seen them on BPLR's plane... so don't worry about them!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:56 PM
chrislex
My Feedback: (25)

I have Blue Bird servos on a 120 size giles 202 with a g 26 and I am very happy with them. I have alot of confidence in them and feel safe with them in my plane.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:02 AM
SlickZERO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We use Bluebird servos in our planes, boats, and many race cars. The early Bluebirds received some bad press because when used (or abused) in Monster Trucks quite a few burned up. About a year ago they changed from a 2 amp board to a 3 amp board. Also a larger pin in the high torque models. The only current problem is with the Traxxas Revo. When a customer installs an upgraded servo and doesn't read the directions, they will burn up or destroy something. The total throw of the original RTR servo is less than standard. The new one binds against the steering stops.
We have replaced any problem servo without question and now offer a full one year warrantee.
Bret
Old 08-04-2006, 08:39 AM
xflyboy

I'm using them in my 28% gasser and have not had a problem. They are stronger Faster, lighter and 1/2 the price of the hitec 645.I'm using 3 of the 620mg high torque and 1 of the 630 190 oz high torque with a li ion and a 6 volt regulator. He is right about the receiver causing the hard flutter. I am using a Futaba Pcm and don't have a problem at all with flutter. When I purchased the servo's i noticed that one of the 620 mg was a little slower that the other on a dual elevator servo set up, so i called the people at Balsa Products where I got them and they replaced it no questions. Great customer service