Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo centering question

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:34 AM
dmparri
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo centering question

It seems when installing new servos no matter how I mix servo control arms or move servos around I always need to go into sub trim to get the a 90 degree servo arm position which effects total travel available. I have Hitech digitals and some brand new programable Hi-tech digitals that I"m hoping to be able to reset the center. What product is out there to program those new servos? Also, do you have any other ideas about setting up servos on a new install. I fly mostly 3D and have the EPA at 140% for max resolution but the subtrim issue limits travel on the side applied + using Futaba equipment
Thank you
dmparri
Old 12-11-2005, 03:50 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Servo centering question

Hitech has a programmer. There is nothing wrong with using sub trim if it's one servo per surface That's what subtrim is for. You don't have to go all the way to 140, 130 is fine too. But if you want your tx subtrims to be zero and both endpoints to be 140 then get the programmer to set your center and endpoints (in the servo). Then the only thing you need from your tx is a little trim for flight. I've done it both ways and either way works fine for 3D setups.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:05 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

HiTec sells a programmer for the programmable digital servos, they're about $140.00 IIRC.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:25 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

Unless you get really out of hand with sub trim you won't effect total throw one way or the other. You shouldnt need that much because if you move the arms 90 degrees at a time you should get one thats close then a little sub trim and you're in there.

The hitec servo programmer can't recenter the servo past a certian point or you reach the mechanical limit so your set up still needs to be close, the only difference is its done on the servo vice your radio.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:09 AM
dmparri
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for the input
dmparri