Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Radio T6XA

Old 12-18-2005, 01:27 AM
Mclarenhpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Radio T6XA

Hi, I have a futaba radio (T6XA) and I plan on getting a helicopter in the future (eco 8). However the helicopter I want requires a ccpm radio or mecahnical mixing, but I rather use a radio. My question is, how can I use a ccpm feature on my radio? It operates in either ppm or pcm in heli mode. Which do I chose? Do I need a new radio devoted to ccpm. Thanks, Sam
Old 12-18-2005, 09:36 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
Default RE: Futaba Radio T6XA

CCPM is a way of controlling the swash plate of the helicopter and stands for cyclic collective pitch mixing.

PCM and PPM are a way of transmitting a signal from the transmitter to the reciever and have nothing to do with heli's or ccpm.

You will need to get a reciever thats compatiable and on the same channel as your transmitter, your choice will be ppm (fm) or pcm, with pcm being the better and more expensive option of the two. Then you set that helicopter up for ppm or pcm.

The 6xas has helicopter programming and supports ccpm so you will just need a reciever and a flight pack (servos battery etc)