Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RD6000/8000 sticks failure?

Old 12-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Rtitan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RD6000/8000 sticks failure?

Hello all,

There are some flyers over here in Israel who encountered sticks failures - it seems that the sticks base tend to crack and break. Some of them even had their sticks out of the Tx box during flying.
I have been using Sanwa/Airtronics equipment for the last 26 years without any problem (Modul 6, VG's, Radient, RD8000...) and so I'm a bit surprised to hear about it.
Had anyone encoutered or heard such a problem? I have been searching the forums over RCuniverse and hadn't got up with any...

Thanks [sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 12-19-2005, 11:29 AM
boater
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RD6000/8000 sticks failure?

Yep, had the same failure, a new part costs less than a dollar from Airtronics (stick drum) or you can buy a Airtronics Vanguard or VG series transmitter (cheap) off of E-bay. I think the sticks are the same. Rudy
Old 12-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RD6000/8000 sticks failure?

This is something I never experienced with any of my previous RC transmitters. I had my RD6000 standing in the upright position and accidentally pushed it to the front (sticks down) right on the table, and one of the sticks literally disintegrated. That was more than 3 years ago and my radio was still under warranty, but I have been extra careful with the sticks ever since.