Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help on servo Reverser

Old 12-18-2005, 09:28 PM
WeAkEndDFLyER23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on servo Reverser

Hey guys I need your help here

I just bought a servo reverser (CERMARK) for my dual elevator servos set up.

When I installed it I notice the big difference one tends to move farther that the other one. there are no EPA Adjustment Here since im using a Y-harnes so im assuming some thing must be way wrong here.

I tried everything to fix it and still not getting a perfect or equal travel on both servos

I tried it on my HS-311 servos and 2 of HS-645MG servos Same result one travels further that the other one.

need help
Old 12-18-2005, 09:47 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Need help on servo Reverser

sounds about right.....

reversing Y's rarely center or move the same... some have adjustments for that, but sounds like yours doesn't....

anyway you can run the elevator servos into different channels?? That would be a better way to do it...

I never use "Y"s
Old 12-18-2005, 10:29 PM
WeAkEndDFLyER23

I love not to use the Y reversing But my Optic 6 radio dont have a high low rates ruder adjustment using AILEVATOR FUNCTION
Too Bad.

My servo reverser has a trim adjustent but not EPA
any sugestion who make a good on.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:39 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

I've never used one myself but Maybe this would work... set up your servos so that they reach the same end point mechanically by adjusting your control rods... hopefully the servos have equal travel up/down or this won't work... if they do then you should be able to adjust the center electrically using your reverser trim pot.

Good luck and think about a radio with more bell's and whistles for X-mas

John
Old 12-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love not to use the Y reversing But my Optic 6 radio dont have a high low rates ruder adjustment using AILEVATOR FUNCTION
Too Bad.
Weakendflyer, I have an Optic 6 and it's set up for dual elevator servos (Ailevator), it works perfectly well with both servos traveling equally. This in no way prevents me from using dual rates on the rudder. Just check page 39 in the manual, it tells you exactly how to set it up.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:05 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

I suspect as JSN noted the problem is a factor of unequal linkage ratios from elevator halve to elevator halve. Dial these in mechanically with pushrod length and control arm height and you should realize minimal offsets.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 AM
WeAkEndDFLyER23

oops sory what I ment was elevator dual rates not rudder when using (Ailevator), ch 2 and 5
Old 12-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Planeclothes

There must be something wrong with your setup. Both my GP Gene Soucy Extra and UCD 3D 60, are setup with dual elevator servos using the Optic 6's ailevator feature and dual (elevator) rates work perfectly well.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:55 AM
WeAkEndDFLyER23

I still don’t get it I have read this manual several times. Even page 39
How can you adjust the D/R on channel 5 It will only give me channel 1-2- 4 so were dose channel 5 D/R will be.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here? This is how I set up mine

1. Go to AILVTOR menu
2. I activate AILVTOR by Pressing clear button (AILVATOR ON)
3. right elevator servo on CH 2 Left elevator servo CH 5

Now both of my elevator moves perfect equal. How can you adjust their D/R set up here?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:06 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Channel #5 is linked to channel #2 via the AILV function mix for dual elevator servos, so the dual rate function of elevator is linked automatically to channel #5 all the time. Throw the elevator dual rate switch and the both channels respond accordingly.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Planeclothes

Just go to menu D/R and set your % for channel 2 (elevator), by flipping the switch you can select high or low rates. As was mentioned before, with Ailevator on, channel 5 is linked to channel 2 and will respond accordingly. BTW, did you manage to make both elevator servos travel equally?
Old 12-22-2005, 01:48 PM
WeAkEndDFLyER23

ORIGINAL: Planeclothes

Just go to menu D/R and set your % for channel 2 (elevator), by flipping the switch you can select high or low rates. As was mentioned before, with Ailevator on, channel 5 is linked to channel 2 and will respond accordingly. BTW, did you manage to make both elevator servos travel equally?
Yes I did Manage the servo travel equally What I did was to go back at the shope and ask for a new servo reverser and problem fixed LOL I think the othere one might have some issuse
Old 12-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Planeclothes

But...you don't actually need a servo reverser if you're using Ailevator. You see, that's the main reason why I bought this radio. I lost a plane due to a defective servo reverser and decided not to use one ever again.