Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

A little help with a 9Z

Old 12-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Jugmaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help with a 9Z

I need a little help with a problem with my 9Z radio. Thought I had it pretty much figuared out, but I guess not, it threw me a real curve today.I was going to flying a plane (funfly magic) that I have flown before with no problem. Did a radio and control check and everthing seemed OK. After starting the engine needed to trim the throttle down some to get a good idle but the trim did not effect the engine at all, it moved the elevator. The trim switches are reversed, throttle works the elevator and elevator works the throttle,everything else is as it should be. Can anyone tell me where in the radio and how to change this?

jugmaker
Old 12-21-2005, 02:22 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: A little help with a 9Z

Zaps by default cross control the trim on elevator and rudder. There is some logic behind why one might want to do this, I don't mind so I leave mine that way, and I'll leave it at that.

To change the trim assignments, go to the model menu, then functions. Here you can reassign trims, sticks, etc. to channels. You should see that T2 and T3 are crossed. This is set at the model level, so you will have to change it on every model you want set this way.

Cheers.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As JohnW says, the cross trim is the default setting. I thought it was a bit weird when I first started playing with it, but after using it setting up my models and doing trim flights, I think it really is the better way to go.

If you think about it, usually the most important initial trims are the ailerons and elevator and you can set those without taking your hand off that stick, or trying to find the trims with your other hand while watching the model. I like it especially since I usually fly with my throttle idle trim bumped up a couple of clicks and I can drop that back down on rollout without removing my hand from the throttle/rudder stick or trying to find it with my right hand .

Here is the link to the Futaba FAQ with the information on switching the trims that John mentioned:

http://www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-9z-q263.html
Old 12-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Jugmaker

Makes a lot of sense now. Thanks a bunch.

jugmaker