Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

No low end channels for JR???

Old 12-21-2005, 09:19 PM
bmnewland
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No low end channels for JR???

I have flown a Futaba 4 Channel for the last 10 years. No problems or glitches. It's about time I move up. I am looking at the Futaba 9z wc2, and the higher end JRs. I noticed when looking at the channels available that JR does not offer Channel 11-14. Not that I will be choosing any of those channels. Just curious since Futaba does offer them. Also, I notice my 10 year old Futaba 127 7 channel receiver is a dual conversion and the Jrs are called single conversion, execept now I see that Jr does have a top end dual conversion. Does this have anything to do with the Jr not offering low end channels. If this question has been asked a thousand times before, I apologize. Thanks in advance for your help.

Brad
Old 12-21-2005, 11:42 PM
bentgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No low end channels for JR???

There is a possiblility of interference on the lower channels so JR does not offer them. Futaba does not seem to have this problem on the lower channels.

Don't read alot into the single vs. dual conversion between JR and Futaba. While most companies single conversion receivers are.........lets just say, not that great. The methods used by JR make it the equivalent or better than other dual conversion receivers. Look at some of the independent testing done, JR is always on top or right there.

Ed M.