Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7C 7 Channel

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 07:21 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Futaba 7C 7 Channel

Is the Futaba 7C 7 Channel radio with digital servoes a good radio to have. What are the pros & Cons? Thanks Capt.n
Old 12-28-2005, 10:11 PM
BaronSchwab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 7C 7 Channel

It is a good radio ease of programming, good servos and rx, does planes helies and sailplanes. If anyone has negitive things to say express them, I am interested in what they are.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Pile-O-Wood

The 7C is a good radio but it is limited in some mixing functions. Example you cannot mix dual elevator servos and get the trim to work on the slave channel.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:16 PM
BaronSchwab

Thats not cool.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:30 PM
stemur1

Yes, I have just purchased the 7CAP. I've been reading reviews everywhere trying to find the right radio for my price range. I'm new to r/c planes and I recently purchased a parkflers edge 540t. I saw the radio that came with the plane and soon realized that that radio would be pretty much limited to small park flyer aircraft. So with that said, I went on reading reveiws on different radios such as the Futaba 9CH, the JR 9CH and the Hitec 7CH. After all the reading, I had found that the 9CH Futaba was a little too much for me, the JR was a lot too much for me, and the Hitec didn't have the reputation of Futaba or JR. The 7CAP fit my needs pefectly being a new r/c pilot. It will allow me to keep it for quite some time before I will need to upgrade. As in the reviews that I have read, it does say that the radio lacks the ability to mix elevator servos and use dual trimming. That kinda sucks, but it should be fine for me for a while. Hope that helps alittle. If you find anything else regarding this radio that might affect it performance or whatnot, let me know.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:43 PM
AndersDK

As you grow into 60-size and larger planes, you will soon miss the Dual Elevator function in the 7C. I´m glad that I bought the Sanwa/Airtronics RD8000 as my first Tx - it does have Dual Elevator that I´m planning to use in my plane no. 2 (4*60), and with 8 channels I still can go into smoke and/or Warbirds with tank drop or 2 Flap servos.

Take a look at RD8000 before you buy.

Happy new year

Anders
Old 12-31-2005, 01:47 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

I have the 7c and even though it does suck you can't use dual elevator servo mixing, You still can use a Y harness connected to the Elevator channel. I think it is a very powerfull radio. But I quickly found a limitation when setting up a 7 channel quad flap airplane. But other then that it will do most anything a newbie all the way up to an experienced pilot may want out of a 7 channel radio. The thing I like the most is that you can assign almost every function to any switch on the radio with the functions turned on in either direction Including dual rates to the three position switch giving you tripple rates. Versitle, and nice custom switch layouts. The only thing I don't like is that there is no flight modes, and that Futaba doesn't include sailplane features in the radio. They leave it up to you to program in the sailplane options with the 3 p mixes and mix and matching the premixes to get your desired function. It has some slight weaknesses Ut it's an all around good radio that I do not regreat buying. I love mine
Old 01-03-2006, 08:44 PM
captinjohn

Can some-one explain the dual trim for the elevator thing. Seems like you can still trim at leat one of the parts of a split elevator. Is this the same for ailerons also? Thanks Capt,n
Old 01-03-2006, 11:30 PM
rccrazedman

captin . The dual ailerons work just fine with the trim working both channel 1 and channel 6 when you have the flaperon function activated. The split elevators I have not personally tried, but Yes If you set up dual elevator servos on different channels you will have one half of the elevator trim with the tab and the other will not do anything. If you can get your trim set and don't need to move it you can mechaniaclly Program the elevator servo center for the same position as the trimmed Half. (As I heard others say). But I don't know how easy this procedure would be or how threatening it would be to your costly airplane.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:02 AM
AndersDK

I can only speek for my RD8000: Yes, if the Dual Elevator function is activated, you plug in the two servos in ch. 3 and ch. 7, and the trim tab moves both halves at the same time. In the menus for each servo channel you can reverse, adjust center and set EPA as usual in order to secure an equal movement of both elevator halves.

Regards,
Anders

Old 01-04-2006, 10:17 PM
captinjohn

It sounds like the Futaba 7C 7channel should work good for me. The ailerons would work with trims. As far as the elevator & rudder...I would be using pull-pull with one, very stong servo or a gang of 2 or more servos. Does this sound right? Thanks Capt,n
Old 01-05-2006, 05:57 AM
marcellus

My first reaction to 'dual elevators' was big IC planes but does the same limitation apply to V tails, where in effect your have two elevators (and two rudders) or does the 7CAP have a V tail programme that takes care of this?
Old 01-06-2006, 03:03 PM
captinjohn

I went to the _ower _obbies site...looked up this radio. It has a lot about V tail mix ect. Lots of data there. Good Luck Capt,n
Old 01-07-2006, 01:18 AM
rccrazedman

yeah sorry for not responding in a timely matter but the radio does have V tail mixing and does work fine in that aspect.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:22 AM
rccrazedman

yes captin for your dual servos on a rudder pull pull system I would use a Y harness and the trim will then work both the servos.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:11 PM
captinjohn

Sounds good to me! Capt,n
Old 01-08-2006, 10:46 PM
merlin3
My Feedback: (4)

also be warned that when resetting the timer on the 7cap it has a habit of messing up the endpoints that you have stored for that model. Has happened multiple times to me. I'm selling mine.