Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Poor shock service, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:36 AM
Ozi2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor shock service, please help!

Hi,
I have problem with shock servicing on my Duratrax Evader BX Pro.
Actually, I cannot get that after I refill it with silicone oil (medium density) and I screw it down to the half while piston is on top, then I push the piston to the middle and screw it down just until enough to excess oil can go out when I push the piston to the bottom. After I push the piston full down, I screw the plastic screw tightly. After that, when I push the piston down in the shock, it just rebound at 1/4, and not to the half of it's size. It really pissed me of as I was spend a lot of oil to practice, but I always get the same poor result.
What did I do wrong?
Please can you help me.

Oz
P.S. sorry, english is not my first language.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:10 AM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Poor shock service, please help!

First, your English is fine

Honestly, it sounds like you did everything right! Your shock is designed to work with the spring... the oil is just to dampen the the piston action and WILL NOT make the shock fully extend... that's what the spring is for. If your shock is full of oil, has no air in it and does not leak, put the spring back on mount it and go have some fun

BTW this is the wrong forum for this ?... the mod's will likely move it shortly.

John