Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help with a Futaba Radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 12:23 AM
radelow
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with a Futaba Radio

I have been out of flying for about a decade and I am just now getting back into it. I have one radio that I would like to use. It's a Futaba FP-T7UAP. Great radio and I enjoyed using it. However I am not sure if I can use this radio anymore. I guess something happened with radio channels in 95 or something? Anyway the module on the back (Model FP-TP-FM) says 72mhz with a little sticker that says 22 and 72.230mhz. What do I need to have done to use this radio today? Also I need to be a new RX. I assume Tower Hobbies has what I need but I don't know what to get. Thanks for all your help guys!

Mark
Old 11-25-2002, 01:47 AM
skysnake

Default Need help with a Futaba Radio

Mark, the change took place in 1991. I would bet your radio is fine. Check to see if it has a gold sticker that says 1991 on it. Replace the batteries and go fly if so. If it doesn't or you still have questions, post your questions on the Futaba Radio Forum for Ann Marie Cross. She is very kind to give her time here to answer questions like yours. Good luck!

Chris
Old 11-25-2002, 04:45 PM
radelow
My Feedback: (1)

Default Radio

I contacted Futaba and they told me that all their FM/PCM radios are 1991 compliant so I don't need to do anything! Sweet!!!

Mark