Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C 5 point mix-Need trim

Old 01-24-2006, 11:37 AM
jkhorvath
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9C 5 point mix-Need trim

I have created a five point mix on my Futaba 9C for two servos I use in a dual servo rudder push-pull setup. These servos needed to have their center, end-point, and mid-point locations trimmed in order to be synchronized, therefore, the five point mix seemed to be the right way to go. No way a Y-Cable or an external servo synchronizer could have done this for me. I use channels four and five for the two servos, set the sub-trim to synchronize the center points, set the end-points to synchronize the end of the throws, then use the five point mix to synchronize the mid-points on both left and right throws.

The result is a mix where both servos follow each other very accurately throughout both entire throws; this part is a success.

Unfortunately, it appears that the five point mix in the 9C does not allow for trimming the source channel. Therefore, trimming the rudder becomes a two step process. I need to use the sub-trim on both channels to do the rudder trim. No way I want to do this while flying, so, if anyone can tell me how to include rudder trim in this mix I have setup, I would appreciate it.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9C 5 point mix-Need trim

You'll need to use a regular mix to get trim. It's not available in the multi-point mixes. Even a servo snchronizer would match only the center and endpoint. Using a 5-point mix to sync middles may be a bit ove over-kill on a rudder servo.