Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Cirrus servos -- too good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 02:20 AM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cirrus servos -- too good to be true?

Look at the specs on the latest breed of Cirrus servos. 75 oz/in and .20 speed, one BB, standard servo for $9.99? Hmmm, sure sounds good if true. That is nearly twice the torque of some standard servos.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/440601.asp

Thanks for any input on these!

Ernie
Old 01-28-2006, 07:06 AM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cirrus servos -- can this be real?

Ernie the best I can say is try um....maybe they have changed for the better.

I picked up a couple high torque MG cirrus servos YEARS ago for my R/C trucks, they seemed to work fine so I picked up a few different none MG cirrus servos for a new plane project...I can't remember what model they were now. I set everything up as I normally would and found several problems with the servos,.Centering or lack of was a huge problem... the servo would not hit the same center two times in a row... they would even travel in the opposite direction some times before wandering back to center. resolution was none existent... they just looked slow and sloppy all the time... use an end point or dual rate setting and they really got bad. They always made a new noise when you moved the stick and always buzzed at center... when they hit center. Needless to say I never flew them... I think they ended up in my kids R/C cars ... maybe the trash. I found the same problems with the cirrus MG servos I was using in my truck's once I started looking for the problems... I never really noticed the problems when driving though.

For an R/C truck/buggy that's used to bash around the yard they MAY work fine... in an airplane... well... not mine

John