Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9Cxx for gliders/DLG: AF or HF?

Old 11-29-2002, 05:29 AM
jkirch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9Cxx for gliders/DLG: AF or HF?

Hi,

After a few months of research on a new radio (exclusively for discus launch gliders [DLG] at this time; eventually for larger sailplanes), I think I’ve finally settled on the Futaba 9Cxx. I do have one lingering (but rather critical) question before I place an order, however, that I hope to resolve with the help of this forum.

In the review that appeared in the April 2002 issue of S&E Modeler were the following comments:
"All of the necessary switches are located where pilot would like them. There is a 2-position switch located on the radio’s top left for use as a preset for the launch-cruise-speed setup. (Note: for the proper location of the 2-position launch/cruise/speed switch, it is recommended that the "H" or "helicopter" version be purchased.)"

Seeming to confirm this (but possibly being only coincidental), I notice in an advertisement for the 9C in the Dec. 2002 issue of Quiet Flyer which is clearly targeted toward sailplane pilots, reference is made only to the 9CHF and CHP (i.e. the "heli") versions.

Can anyone offer a definitive answer (or informed advice) on this question?

Many thanks!
Old 11-29-2002, 09:50 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9Cxx for gliders/DLG: AF or HF?

JK,
Glider pilots tend to like the heli switch layout and the no-ratchet, hence the promotion of 9CH to glider pilots.