Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Please Help With My First Plane, Rudder Servo

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 06:53 PM
lifesaver247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help With My First Plane, Rudder Servo

I am new to the RC flight world. I am trying to finish my first plane which is a trainer plane and I am having trouble with the rudder servo. The plane is a tricycle gear plane and when I move the rudder lever on the transmitter to the left the rudder and wheel move the opposite direction which would make the plane turn to the right. The servo is a futaba 3004 and I am using a futaba 8CH T8UAF. I just got the radio from a guy used and I don't know how to program it yet so I don't know if it is possible to switch the direction electronically. How do I get the servo to move in the right direction? Please Help! Thanks, Wayne M.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Ladder21

Default RE: Please Help With My First Plane, Rudder Servo

I don't have that transmitter, I have the 7 CHF. But anyway, the feature you are looking for in the manual or the display on your transmitter is the "servo reverse" function. Figure out what channel # is the rudder and then activate the "servo reverse" for that channel. That's all there is to it.

Jay
Old 02-10-2006, 09:04 PM
CP140

Here's a link to a page where you can download a PDF version of the manual for your radio...

http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/notes-8u.html

Old 02-11-2006, 12:02 AM
lifesaver247

Yeah, thanks guys. So, for example if I had a simple noncomputerized 4ch transmitter then how would I set it up? I don't have one, but just currious.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:59 AM
gunfighterII

You need to get Don Edberg's book, Getting the most out of your Futaba 8 channel radio system. It's a must have! http://www.dynmodel.com/
Old 02-11-2006, 08:17 AM
gunfighterII

Usually non computer radio's have a pot switch to reverse servos, the other way is to flip your servo horn to the opposite side of the servo. Same with dual elevator servos, just point them to the same side of the fuse and use a Y, just the opposite of the ailerons, if you had servos in the wings you would point them in opposite directions and use a Y. Back in the old days we actually had to set all this stuff up using geometry, life is to easy nowadays. That Futaba manual might as well be written in Japanese, get Edberg's book, he was the consultant on the Futaba manual, the book will tell you things the manual does'nt have a clue about.