Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Diode in 8UAF Super

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 03:29 PM
jdb000001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diode in 8UAF Super

Does anyone know the actual part number of a Futaba part #HSP70985 - the diode that prevents the trainer cord from powering the transmitter section? Only marking on the surface-mount component is "S5", and I cannot find a cross reference to that.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Dr1Driver

Default RE: Diode in 8UAF Super

And why would you want to know that? [sm=wink.gif][sm=eek.gif]

Dr.1
Old 02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
jdb000001

You short the power line in the trainer cord to ground, and it goes POOF - or in my case just open circuit. Note to myself - don't try to put the antenna back in while the radio is turned on, it can hit the trainer jack and ground it.
[:-]

The power for the radio battery goes straight to the transmitter module, but has to go thru this diode to power the rest of the electronics - its main purpose is to allow the trainer cord to power the electronics without powering the transmitter.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:50 PM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you know the physical size, that would help. It is just a blocking diode, probably either a 1 amp or 3 amp device. If the body of the diode is about 1/8 inch diameter and 1/4 inch long, it would be a 1 amp device, use a 1N4004 to replace it. If it is about 1/4 inch in diameter and 5/16 inch long, it is a 3 amp device, use a 1N504 to replace it. Observe the orientation of the banded end during replacement. Hope this helps.

George
Old 02-15-2006, 01:46 AM
jdb000001

I'm sure a 1N4001 would probably be sufficient - just looking for the original part number in case I happen to have one. The part in the radio is a surface mount - no color bands or numbers except "S5", which I can't find in any cross reference as a diode. Probably an in-house number. Current can't be too awfully high, since the radio comes with a 700mAh battery, and the transmitter section isn't even powered thru this diode.

Thanks for the help.