Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dual conversion?

Old 02-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Big Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual conversion?

I have a Hitec Focus 4 PPM/FM radio. I think its dual conversion but not sure. The manual says it's AMA listed 1991 FM system and RCMA gold stickered transmitter. Does this mean dual conversion? I want to order a receiver but very confused about this dual conversion thing. No where in the manual does it mention dual conversion. Maybe someone could educate me.
Thanks,
Pete
Old 02-17-2006, 08:54 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dual conversion?

What is wrong with the receiver you have? Or do you just want a extra one? I would say most new receivers are dual conversion. It is not something you got to have. Type in dual conversion in the search feature.....and you will get all the facts you need and more. Good Luck Capt,n
Old 02-17-2006, 08:59 PM
rockom
My Feedback: (2)

No such thing as sing or dual conversion Transmitter. Your transmitter sends out the PPM encoded signal. Then your Receiver uses either single or dual conversion methods while decoding it. So I would say...either one will work fine. What you DO have be make sure of is that you buy a single conversion crystal for a single conversion Rx and a dual conversion crystal for a dual conversion Rx.

-Rocko
Old 02-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Big Pete

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help very much. I just want to get another reciever for a second plane I plan to train on. I just wasn't 100% sure about the dual conversion, now I understand thanks to you all. I'll definately be getting a dual conversion receiver.
Pete