Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Synthesized receiver for hitec

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 03:33 AM
roger- Michigan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthesized receiver for hitec

ok, here goes....

I fly hitec equipment, seasonally indoors and need the ability of choosing different channels. It seems we have nearly three times more people flying on a typical indoor night than at our club.

So, I now have a hitec eclipse coming, the tx has the spectra module, but for some reason the receiver is crystal-type.

I do have a few crystals, but it doesn't take the cost of many to start approaching what I feel could be the price of a programmable receiver.

I thought I saw some out there, but I couldn't find any when doing an Altavista search.

Questions:

1. Any recommendations on available brands?
2. Are they generally small for slow/park flyers indoors?

Thanks.

roger
Old 12-04-2002, 04:09 AM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

Don't know about size, but here is a synth receiver that is coming soon.

http://dmsid6.iserver.net/mivastore/..._Code=PLK13101

Hitec dual conv FM crystals are only $8 at http://www.servocity.com
Old 12-04-2002, 04:55 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Synthesized systems

Roger the Hitec Spectra system is designed to select your frequency on the tx then drop in a matching crystal in your rx. I use these systems for my competitive ventures also and beleve me the added cost of carying some extra crystals is not even gonna come close to what a Synthesized Rx is gonna coast. I think the only two currently on the market are the Futaba 9 (synth) and some of the multiplex Rx. Now both of these are about 1500 dollar radios so just imagine what the synth Rx are going to cost. As Jim mentioned the Seeker unit is new and may not be on the market at this time yet and does look to be affordable but is an unknow also very unlikely this will be a small indoor type Rx.

When you said you saw some 'programable Rx' its likely what you saw was 'shift selectable Rx' and not 'Sythesized' receivers. Shift selectable means the ability to select the modulation shift to match the four major manufacturers of Tx in this country who use either high or low shift. This has nothing to do with freqency control and how its done by crystal or synthesized.

John
Old 12-04-2002, 05:09 AM
troytday

Default Multiplex

Check Multiplex for any of these receivers. I do know they have a TX, RX that can see what channels others are flying on. AKA select a channel and fly. Good luck, air traffic sucks.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:41 AM
strato911

Default Polk's synth Rx

Based upon recent emails with Polk, the receiver from mentioned earlier is currently in production and is expected to be available in January.

John is right, it would take about several crystals before the cost would match a synthesized Rx. From what I've read, Polk's is the least expensive at $70, but isn't available yet. The advantage though, is you can change the channel without having to remove the RX from the plane. A handy feature if it's buried in the fuselage and hard to get at. :thumbup:
Old 12-06-2002, 11:43 AM
roger- Michigan

Default thanks

Well, after looking at their site, I'm most interested in their 4-channel receiver. I never use more than 4 channels for indoor flying, which was the type that was giving me the frequency problems when so many wanted to fly at the same time.

Heck, call me simple, but my type of flying (slow and easy) doesn't require more than 4 channels outdoors either, so their $40 units are very in line with what I'd like to pay.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:03 PM
Kevin Brice

Check out the following thread about the synthesized RX, it does exist and it works great with the eclipse or any other radio!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...=&goto=newpost]