Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 03:42 AM
aravind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this forum

Hi all,

Im new to this forum and also new to radio controls. i am a robotics hobbyist. i am planning to buy some serovs(RC's). i have no idea abt them and i would like someone to help me buy em for cheap. I have also bought basic stamp moudule ic 2 and a carrier board. i need to know how to control servos. can ne one help me
Old 01-18-2003, 09:54 AM
Lynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this forum

If you're not flying something, just buy the highest torque ball bearinged servo's you can find. retract servo's are ideal for robotics, whatever you need for the load you have to move. The BS2's pulsin command will read in 2us (micro second) intervals. An RC servo goes from 1ms (-100%) to 2ms (+100%) give or take, do the math and it's a piece of cake using and filtering servo signals. The BS2 will from a rough guess deal with about 500+ possible levels of servo travel from edge to edge You can buy servo modules for Basic stamps which use a serial line to control a handfull of servos (up to 14) and also manages to give you some kind of a feedback on torque. If you're gonna fly something with it just be carefull to right extremely tight code and test it in every error situations you can think of. Or your 70 dollar chip can take out a 700 dollar plane.