Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Changing servo connectors

Old 01-23-2002, 03:42 AM
AV8TOR
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing servo connectors

I have an older Airtronics 94158 servo with the older Airtronics connector on it. It is a great servo with 145 oz\in @ 0.10 speed. I would like to use it on a newer radio with the new style connectors. Can this be done or would it be un-wise to do?
Old 01-23-2002, 04:09 AM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Default change connector

You can cut and solder on a connector to match the rec. you intend to use it with.."OR" trim the 3 risers on the plug that is on it and reverse the red wire and the black wire next to the red wire...Brian
Old 01-24-2002, 01:31 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

Default Yes you can use it.

I've cut the tabs off and switched the wires, it works fine. I've also used an adapter which is a short extension with an old style on one end and a Futuba style on the other end. Or you can just cut off the old connecter and solder on a new wire. That would also give you a longer lead.

Tom
Old 01-24-2002, 04:24 PM
AV8TOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default Changing servo connectors

I found an easy way to do this and it worked great. I removed the pins from the connector (just take a push pin and press down on the locking tab while pulling out the wire) and re-installed them in the new order. Very easy. Thanks
Old 01-24-2002, 04:45 PM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Default connectors

Yes that is the way I change them..be careful when you reinsert them in the proper slot to give them a good tug to be sure they are locked in...I had one I bent too much when pressing down the spring tab..When I plugged it into the rec. one of the tabs slid back out just a tad..It worked when I first plugged it in, but then worked its way back out just enough to loose contact and the servo quit working...Glad it was on the ground and not in the air...On some servo plugs, You can also lift the plastic tongue very carefully to change the wires..I use a small t-pin and do it very carefully...Brian