Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Using a Graupner MC-19 on Aerofly Pro Deluxe?

Old 03-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a Graupner MC-19 on Aerofly Pro Deluxe?

Hi all,

Im wondering, how do I hook up my Graupner MC-19 so it works with aerofly pro deluxe?
The trainer system is with some weird fiberoptic stuff, so I dont know how to get it to my computer.

Regards,
Sven
Old 03-05-2006, 05:14 PM
olivier

Default RE: Using a Graupner MC-19 on Aerofly Pro Deluxe?

Hi, Sven,

For the MC19 to be used as interface box with a PC, you have to buy and install the DSC-connector with Graupner-reference 3290.24. Then you will need a MONO-male jack 3.5mm to be plugged into your DSC-module.
This DSC 3290.24 can also be used as slave module with a non-optical but electrical cable from Graupner. For more details on this, check out the overview table to be found in a link in the beginning of chapter 5 of my website.

Olivier
Old 03-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Freakazoid

Damn what a ripoff.
My 400 dollar TX still needs a 40 dollar addon to be able to hook up as a pupil...
My crappy old futaba has this as a standard feature!

Im wondering though, is this, just like those redicilous 30 dollar "genuine" graupner flipswitches, doable with simple 3 dollar radioshack parts? Or do they really have a hook on me this time?

If so, I guess Ill just keep using that gnarly old commander box..
Old 03-06-2006, 08:00 AM
olivier

Hi again,

According to the picture of the Graupner-website, it looks as if there are some smd-components on the printboard :

Of course, if you can fiddle a little, study in chapter 1 of my website how to find with a free downloadable scope the signal needed for your PC, signal you'll probably simply find at the connector where the DSC-module should be connected.

Olivier
Old 03-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Freakazoid

Olivier:
That one looks a little more complicated then the ones Ive seen.
Strangely enough I get several different versions when I attempt to look up that refference number.
My german is horrible, so I cant really read up on the info they put up though.

Ive read about ugly things like having to actually remove the HF module for this to work?

Also ive tried looking up ways of a DIY, but all of em are just above or under my number. The MC-18 and the MC-22 are quite often shown, but my MC-19 is really hard to find. [:@] Are the MC-18 or MC-20/22/24 similar in design with the MC-19, or is it wise not to take that gamble?
Old 03-06-2006, 03:16 PM
olivier

Hi again,

The DSC-module has to be plugged into the special DSC-socket, thus avoiding to unplug the socket of the HF/RF-module. But indeed, 40 Euro...
I just checked the English handbook of the MC19, page 19. It seems the RF-module is just the same as on the mc14-15-16-16/20-18-20. And anyway, the mc19 uses the same slave-module ref. 3290.3, which means the same wire-connector as the mc15 which is described in my website for seeking the ppm-signal.
Or first check if you can find the ppm-signal at the DSC-connector.
I suggest you to make further postings via my personal mailaddres to be found on my website, this until you find the solution, that you then could divulgue here.

Hope it helps,
Olivier
Old 03-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Freakazoid

I dont understand much from those drawings, most of the layouts dont look like the MC-19 at all. All my TX electronics are sandwiched between my battery and my big LCD screen, instead of the U-Shaped thing above the HF-Module in the MC-15. Plus my MC-19 has alot more connectors in it, so it might be quite easy to make a mistake and wreck it. The HF-Module kinda looks like mine but only tilted 90'. Id rather be 100% sure, instead of just experimenting with my 400 dollar TX.

Heres the spagetti platter I have to deal with:

But ill email you I guess.