Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need to modify a Servo...

Old 12-05-2002, 02:14 PM
EkRr
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to modify a Servo...

Hi

I have an application where I need to modify a servo so it will not stop when it reaches the left or right end point. I want it to continuously move in a left or right direction as long as I have the stick moved. Is this possible?

Thanks
Erick
Old 12-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Tech-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes, it is possible!

Sure, all you need to do is snip the end stops off of your output shaft (splined gear) and then take the pot. connector (little plastic piece that connects the gear/shaft to the pot) out. This does depend on which servo you are modifying though. Next, leave the geartrain out with the top off the servo, turn your radio on and put your transmitter trim to neutral. Last, rotate the pot. until the servo motor stops and then put your gears back in and you are set. I explained it rather fast so if you have any further questions please give us a call at 877-221-7071 and we can help you out. Thanks!

www.ServoCity.com