Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Smiley rubber duck antenna

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smiley rubber duck antenna

Anybody using one thinking about buying a Futaba 9c with one. And wanted to make sure i wasn't going to have to replace it.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Smiley rubber duck antenna

I broke the stock antenna on my 9C and decided to not buy a stock replacement. I got the Rubber duck. I really like it. My buddy at the field also has the same radio and antenna. I'd get it.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:58 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I use three Smileys on five different Tx's (just added one) using additional adapters, they work very well indeed on a wide variety of my aircraft. No longer after a year and a half will use stock antenna's.

John
Old 03-09-2006, 10:42 AM
SteveRoss
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a 'rubber duckie' after loosing a t-34 because i didn't pull the antenna up... It works really well and i reccomend highly. No apparent loss of range at any angle either!!
Old 03-09-2006, 01:08 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that's the other benefit. When I first got signed off to pilot in my club I forgot to raise the antenna. Flew into a tree minor rash. Then I did it again but quickly pulled up the antenna. Also now and then my antenna gets a little close to the prop with the long stock antenna. None of those problems any more. Just gotta remember to not leave the antenna at home.

ORIGINAL: SteveRoss

I got a 'rubber duckie' after loosing a t-34 because i didn't pull the antenna up... It works really well and i reccomend highly. No apparent loss of range at any angle either!!