Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR RS6UL Reciever

Old 03-15-2006, 05:26 AM
flyifr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR RS6UL Reciever

I know there are some receivers or maybe it is a combination of receiver and transmitter that are considered limited range. My question is, is JR's RS6UL receiver a limited range receiver? Since it is a ultra light receiver, it leads me to think for foamies, park flyers and the like, but seems to have standard receiver range from my testing. Before I put it in a 40 size plane and go way out, wanted to see if any one knew for sure.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: JR RS6UL Reciever

That's the negative shift rx right?

I got one of those since it seemed to be a good option for my first venture into foamies size wise and was supposed to have standard rx ranges which might allow them to be used on bigger planes. I did find out that it won't work with a Futaba tx when equipped with a synthesized module. It worked fine with my 9C and fixed frequency module, but won't play with the 9Z and synthesized module.

I've found a couple of negative shift rx's from other manufacturers now that won't play with the Futaba synthesized module tx's either, just a thought if you happen to have that setup. Don't know about the other manufacturers tx's like Hitec.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:45 PM
bpannier

I have one in a 60 and no range problems.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:15 PM
flyifr

Thanks Zeeb for the info, no the RS6UL is a JR standard Positive Shift, I believe they do make a version that is acutally shift selectable. Thanks for the confirmation Bpannier on the range.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

flyifr,

Well I have one of those RS6UL rx's I got on the recommendation of my LHS, I just took a look at it and it's labeled "Negative shift" on one end of it. Didn't know they came in positive shift as well, I thought that was a 610 something but it could be that it is regular JR where the RS6UL is JR Sport, as Danny on the JR forum pointed out to me...