Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

WHERE SHOULD MY 400$ GO?? ITS MY HARD EARNED MONEY AFTER ALL!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

WHERE SHOULD MY 400$ GO?? ITS MY HARD EARNED MONEY AFTER ALL!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 02:16 PM
serious_rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHERE SHOULD MY 400$ GO?? ITS MY HARD EARNED MONEY AFTER ALL!!

Hello everyone! Well i am planning to buy a 8-9 channel radio for my first heli. And after thinking on it a lots, i came to a conclusion that radio is the thing on which one should invest the most, coz one good radio will serve all the purpose for the rest of our life!

So i am confused right now as to which radio is better between these two- Futaba 9chfs (heli) or Airtronics RD8000??

Kindly reply back with your valueable suggestions so that i can go ahead and place my order confidently.

Thanks.

Peace,
Gautam.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:20 PM
jayjayneri

Default RE: WHERE SHOULD MY 400$ GO?? ITS MY HARD EARNED MONEY AFTER ALL!!

You will never go wrong with the Futaba. Dont know much about the Airtronics but you should look at which brand most of the people at your field use and which brand has more support in your area. This way, finding spare extensions, swithes, receivers, servos and the like will not be a problem. Alos, it will be easies to get setup and programming advice. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I like the Futaba 9C Super I have and I don't think you can go wrong with it. It's very versatile and has a pretty user friendly programming interface. I don't know much about the Airtronics but I second the idea of getting what others in your area use since they can help you out with it as well as the local shops carrying more items for the most popular local brands.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:44 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

Both are very good radios, I like the ease of programming of the Airtronics over the Futaba, but the Futaba has an extra channel. I have a RD6000 an am very happi with it
Old 04-06-2006, 10:42 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I fly the 9CH for electric planes and gliders but I don't fly Helis, so I can't comment on that. Been happy with mine.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:05 PM
richie68
My Feedback: (25)

The only radios you will find in my shop ,are JR,or Hitec(Whoops,take that back,just bought a Polks Tracker 111at Toledo Saturday.)Will let you knoe more about it later.Richie
Old 04-11-2006, 06:32 PM
treedog

ORIGINAL: rc_indian

Hello everyone! Well i am planning to buy a 8-9 channel radio for my first heli. And after thinking on it a lots, i came to a conclusion that radio is the thing on which one should invest the most, coz one good radio will serve all the purpose for the rest of our life!

So i am confused right now as to which radio is better between these two- Futaba 9chfs (heli) or Airtronics RD8000??

Kindly reply back with your valueable suggestions so that i can go ahead and place my order confidently.

Thanks.

Peace,
Gautam.
i have several radios all diff brands not a airtronics yet but i have the manual hitec laser-6/2 of them, a tracker 111 8 channel computer type and a futaba 4ex computer with the electron 6 receiver the hitec laser 6 has the best range with antenna collapsed. my friend walked the plane 90 big steps no jitters motor off . i musta got a good 1 lol i like the low price too but ilike the computer radios with all the bells and whistles and the tracker 3 has lots of bells and so far no probs good solid radio and 8 channels for only 200 dollars hope this helps
Old 04-11-2006, 08:30 PM
richie68
My Feedback: (25)

Thanks a lot treedog.
Polks has been working on the design for fifteen years.The great part of these radios,is that the Transmitter can be used with any FM receiver,and the receiver can be used with any fm transmitter.Seems like a winner to me if it works good.Bob Aberle seemed enthusiastic in his review in January 2006 Model Avaition.Richie