Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

radio interfenece??????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:06 PM
ir8prim8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio interfenece??????????

Im in the process of building a nossen 310. this plane was built for the purpose of it being a drop plane for 4 r/c skydivers. my question is that i was wondering if i should expect or have to compete with having 5 seperate radio systems in such a close proximity to each other.

for example i have the plane on chan 26. when its fully loaded with 4 jumpers (chan 44, 19, 1, and 54) that will mean there will be 5 seperate radio antenna's 5 seperate batterys ect ect ect... all withing the same area. (aprox 6 inches away from each other)

is there anything dangerous with this type of setup?... can there be the chance of interference having them so close? is there anything i can do to shield them from each other?? im not so much worried about the jumpers... they will be strapped inside there drop box. im more worried about the jumpers giving interference to the plane causing unwanted servo twitching or loss of control.

Old 04-07-2006, 08:51 AM
mattnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: radio interfenece??????????

There shouldn't be any problem as long as all the radios and receivers are working properly.

Think of it this way. Imagine each receiver is a person tuning into a fm radio station. You are only listening to the station you are tuned into, nothing else. This is exactly the way RC receivers work, tuning into their respective transmitters which are really just mobile handheld radio stations.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:26 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: radio interfenece??????????

Yes, except, radio receivers have a local oscillator built in. From personal experience, when receivers are very close together it is possible for them to interfere with each other, though by no means certain. When trying piggy back glider launching we have sometimes had this problem. The solution was the leave the glider Tx switched off until the glider was released, and this worked a treat. Just as interestingly a different glider placed in the cradle with the same spacing between the Rx's worked fine.
Regards,

John