Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DAD (Interceptor 2000) Reciever crystal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:25 PM
vortex00
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAD (Interceptor 2000) Reciever crystal?

I have a DAD Interceptor 2000 receiver, now Fortress-I believe, in need of a crystal-CH 59.

Found a web site: www.2coolrcaircraft.com that looks like they have them but say they are not accepting money. Hmm..

Any help where to get a crystal?

Thanks

Jack
Old 04-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: DAD (Interceptor 2000) Reciever crystal?

I'm not sure of this but I've been told that Futaba crystals can be used in the DAD receivers. If you do that, be sure to do a good range check. I do not think DAD is around any more.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:36 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The receivers in the web link you had are FMA receivers. The designer of the first FMA receivers (Fred Marks) also designed the DAD receiver but I dont think he had anything to do with building them. I know for a fact he will have a lot of stories about the guys that ran DAD. Do a web search for FMA receivers and they should be able to get you a crystal to work in the DAD receiver. In my opinion the DAD receiver you have is of an old design and there are a lot better receivers out there now. I personally wouldn't use it.

Pete
Old 04-11-2006, 07:26 PM
vortex00
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replys.

I have had sucess with 1 DAD receiver for a while now and have a spare w/o a crystal.
The one has been working well, but like you said, it's dated and there are better one's out there.
I'll save them for something not so expensive.

Thanks
Jack