Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How to update your 14mz, official update.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:42 PM
dragoonpvw
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to update your 14mz, official update.

I have found that a lot of 14mz users do not know that the radio has constant updates that are downloadable from the 14mz site. The newest is phenomenal, the other updates such as saving from switching off after model change less cluttered screens.

The 14mz update is on the 14mz web site, download it,open it, copy it to the compact flash, put it in the radio . switch the little switch by the flashcard slot upwards and switch on the radio. press the rotary dial and wait for the update to complete and switch off radio and update switch. All done.

The update adds shift selection, now works with jr etc as well as Futaba. Adds a tenth channel for 1024 pcm futaba. ( you can get your 9 channel receivers modified to 10 channel for $50 flat fee.
Lots of other cool updates and added functionality.
This transmitter is amazing.
Good Luck
Paul
Old 04-14-2006, 10:14 AM
xcellheli
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to update your 14mz, official update.

I just updated my 14mz and the updates are great. The power of this radio and the "Evil Microsoft" as some state, is starting to show its strength. 10 minutes of time and my transmitter just got better with no shipping and waiting. Futaba has done a great job.