Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

14MZHelp with AFR

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 06:55 PM
John Baligrodzki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 14MZHelp with AFR

I am setting up an aircraft with two elevator servos. One servo for each elevator half. I have them both moving up and down the same direction and same amount of travel for what will be my high rate. Now I am setting up the AFR (low rate) and can't quite figure out how to get it to work on the elevator plugged into channel 6. I have the elevator that is plugged into channel 1 working for my low AFR rate. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

John B.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 14MZHelp with AFR

First you need to plug the two elevator halves into adjacent channels in the three channel blocks.

(see page 59 upper right hand corner)

1 and 6 are in different blocks. This assumes you are using the G3 RX. If not then don't worry about it, except it would still be better to have them close to each other rather than farther apart since the signal is sent sequentially and a 5 channel lag is a lot.

Then you need to make sure that the control for the first elevator half is set to J2 and the other half is set to NULL. Both channels are assigned to elevator, it is just the control that gets assigned to only one side.

You set ATV (total throw) and Sub-trim (center) separately for each side. Then when you go into the AFR or dual rate screens for elevator all will be well.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:30 AM
John Baligrodzki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phaedrus,

I did exactly as you said and it worked perfectly!

I had the second elevator half set to ELEVATOR2 and it was also set to control J2. Now I see how this works.

As with any new electronic device it will take a little while to get used to the terminology and logic of how the functions operate.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards.

John B.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: John Baligrodzki

Phaedrus,

I did exactly as you said and it worked perfectly!

I had the second elevator half set to ELEVATOR2 and it was also set to control J2. Now I see how this works.

As with any new electronic device it will take a little while to get used to the terminology and logic of how the functions operate.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards.

John B.
Glad it worked. I slipped when I failed to say the other half should be ELEVATOR2. Glad you still got it worked out.
Take care.