Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Is there any difference in range between a standard rx and a micro rx?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Is there any difference in range between a standard rx and a micro rx?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 12:57 AM
catboater
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any difference in range between a standard rx and a micro rx?

I know it's a dumb question but I know that some park flyers rx's are only good for 800' or so.

Specifically, is there any range difference between a JR R-600 standard rx and a JR R-610 micro rx?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2002, 02:29 AM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Default Re: Is there any difference in range between a standard rx and a micro rx?

Originally posted by catboatr
I know it's a dumb question but I know that some park flyers rx's are only good for 800' or so.

Specifically, is there any range difference between a JR R-600 standard rx and a JR R-610 micro rx?

Thanks
If you do a search, I beleive there are some very good explanation on this subject.

Usually Park flyers type of receivers have a very short range because of the sheer lack of components for proper filtration.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:28 AM
Ernie Misner

Default Re: Re: Is there any difference in range between a standard rx and a micro rx?

Originally posted by aerografixs

If you do a search, I beleive there are some very good explanation on this subject.

Usually Park flyers type of receivers have a very short range because of the sheer lack of components for proper filtration.
lOOk at the specs and make sure your "micro" receiver is dual conversion and recommended for any size craft, not just indoor or park fliers which are usually actually sub-micro recievers and and single conversion.

The dual conversion means that the rx "looks" at the signal more than once for accuracy. The latest breed of micro rx's such as the FMA M5 and the HiTec Electron 6 weigh far less than an ounce but can handle giant scale craft as well as the teeny ones. They just keep getting smaller and lighter all the time....:-) The HiTec 555 rx is older, weighs more, but works well and is dual conversion.

Ernie
Old 12-17-2002, 04:34 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

There is no range difference between R600 and the blue-dotted R610 receivers. I have a 610M in my (beloved) Wizard HLG - its been flown to ridiculous heights with no problems.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:48 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Is there any difference in range between a standard rx and a micro rx?

Originally posted by Ernie Misner
The dual conversion means that the rx "looks" at the signal more than once for accuracy.
Not really. It only sees the signal once, and is no more accurate in its data handling than a single conversion. What it does is provide a means of keeping out image frequencies that the Rx would interpret as being valid, hence it is better at rejecting interference caused by some very specific frequencies other than the one you are on, but d/c does not reject interference on your specific frequency.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:47 PM
thomasb

I'm with HarryC. Its those cheap "park flyer" Rx's that have given single conversion a bad name.

More info: SC vs. DC
http://www.bergent.net/SC-DC.pdf
https://www.fmadirect.com/support_docs/item_1075.pdf
Old 12-17-2002, 08:16 PM
DavidO

Catboatr,
To answer your specific question. JR's R610 has the same range and interference rejection characteristics as the R600. The R610 uses the very latest subminiature technology and incorporates the same circuit design, even uses ABC&W. The R610 has a slightly higher gain.
We have two club members using R610's in electric hotliners and are very impressed with their performance.
There is a JR forum hosted by Danny Snyder from Horizon, try the same question with him.
DaveO